Sunday, February 26, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Feb 27 - Mar 5)

Last week was very interesting because I was hurt all week.  I did the best I could to shop and cook and we did OK staying on our plan.  I did not reset back to the healthy eating and exercising that I intended to so there was more junk that I planned.  We took the weekend to just eat some of the junk that we have in the house and will be starting fresh tomorrow with healthy eating for sure.  The goal is to eat healthy for the next month, until my birthday, then take a break for a few days and then get back to it.

One of our favorite meals last week was the Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower Soup.  It was really easy to make, delicious and filling.  Plus I finally got to use the Ninja blender attachment.  I use the single serve cup and the food processor all of the time, but haven't used the blender yet.  I was very excited with how well it blended our soup.
Here's what we're eating this week.  You'll notice a few carryovers from last week:
Monday - Asian Salmon with Sweet & Spicy Green Beans
Tuesday - Spaghetti with Shrimp and Broccoli
Wednesday - Whole Roasted Chicken
Thursday - Butternut Squash and Turkey Chili
Friday - Moo Shu Pork with quinoa and lettuce cups
Saturday - Steak, baked potatoes & whatever veggies we have left after the week
Sunday - Meatballs - subs for the boys & over zoodles for me and Adrian

Water Flavor - Mango

I'm also starting to make some more options for breakfast and lunch.  We have really gotten into overnight oats and are making a few jars each weekend to eat during the week.  This week we're having original, chocolate peanut butter & banana chocolate chip oats.  I'm also making Cherry Pie Oatmeal Squares for breakfast or snacks and Chicken Avocado Soup with the leftover chicken and broth I'll make with the bones from Wednesday's chicken.  That will just be for me since Adrian doesn't like avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment