Saturday, February 11, 2017

Keeping Up With...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/3 - 2/9) - Part 1

Friday (2/3) was a fairly typical day.  We all went to work and school.  I took a barre class at Pure Barre, one of my last ones since my month is up.  We went to the Y in the afternoon for me to teach my barre class.  My legs were killing me after both of those classes!  Adrian got stuck at work so AJ had to miss soccer (again).  I ended the day by going out to dinner with one of my girlfriends.  We went to the Asian place up the street, Sakana.  It was so nice to get out and relax!!  The food was great, the wine great and the conversation was great.  Nice way to end a busy week!!

Saturday (2/4) started early for all of us and didn't really stop!  I took AJ and Zak to Brain Balance where they both got to "shop" with their brain bucks.  AJ got a $10 Target gift card and Zak got a new light up alien.  While we were there, Adrian took Daniel to his first basketball game for the season.  They won and Daniel memorized his Bible verse, scored a point in the halftime competition and won the "encourager" award.  He had a great time!!

After all of that, we met back home to exchange kids.  Adrian took AJ and Daniel to Red Robin for their free lunch while Zak and I stayed home and did some party prep.  When lunch was done, Adrian took AJ to his first basketball game for the season.  They tied and AJ memorized his Bible verse and won the "good team mate" award.  He had fun and hopefully will continue to play after his rough practice on Thursday.

Finally we ended our day with Zak's birthday party at Glow Putt.  We had 11 kids and 7 parents for the party.  The kids enjoyed playing mini golf, seeing everything glow and eating cake and pizza.  Zak was a little overwhelmed by all of it but he said it was the "best day."  He got a lot of fun gifts and can't wait to play with all of them!  I think his favorites were the Pokemon toys - a plush Charizard X and a Poke-belt.  Here is a brief photo dump of his party:
 

 

 
 
 
 

Sunday (2/5) started slow and we all slept in.  We were all going to go to church but Zak's nose was running really bad so we decided he should sit this week out.  Adrian went and the rest of us stayed home.  I spent most of the day working around the house trying to get everything done.  We ended the day watching the Super Bowl, of course.  I enjoyed the Star Spangled Banner by Luke Bryan, the coin flip by George Bush, the half time show by Lady Gaga and almost all of the commercials.  The game was pretty boring, of course until the end.  While I am obviously NOT a Patriots fan, I have to give them credit.  That was a great comeback and Tom Brady is an amazing quarterback.

I'm going to split this week in half because it's a very busy week around here.  Come back tomorrow for part 2 of our week!

No comments:

Post a Comment