Monday, February 20, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Feb 20 - Feb 26)

We mostly stayed on our plan for last week again which is great.  We did have to bump Saturday's plan of meatball subs to this week because I hurt my back and wasn't able to cook.  We got some frozen appetizers and had those for dinner instead.  At least I didn't have to worry about running right out to shop for Monday and Tuesday nights dinners.

As you have been reading, our eating has not exactly been healthy recently.  I've been feeling the effects of the eating and really need to push the reset button.  I'm giving myself Monday since everyone is off and we're having meatball subs but then I'm really bucking down on what I'm eating.  I'm going to try to eat well straight through the next 4 weeks, which will just about bring me to my birthday and the boys' spring break.  That seems like a good week to take a break anyway.

Adrian is also trying to eat foods that lower your bad cholesterol and raise the good.  So you will hopefully see more of that in the upcoming weeks, starting with salmon this week.  And I will be continuing to empty our fridge and then our pantry.  I'm taking this week off because I made this meal plan and shopping list (and wrote the post) while I was laid up on Saturday.  Since I didn't want to go thru the fridge, I just planned.  I'll be back to using up ingredients next week for sure.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Meatball Subs
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Pasta
Thursday - Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower Soup with Salads
Friday - Leftovers for the boys, I'm going out with friends
Saturday - Steak, baked potatoes & whatever veggie I can find on sale
Sunday - Asian Salmon with Sweet & Spicy Green Beans

Water Flavor - Mango (I always buy one when I see them on sale now because it's my favorite flavor)

Overnight Oats Flavors - Chocolate Peanut Butter, Plain and Blueberry Cobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment