Sunday, February 2, 2014

Keeping Up With...Family (Random Chaos)

This week started with more sickness (AJ still) and coldness and ended with some warmth and more sickness (Zak & Daniel).  We had some routine in the middle there with AJ going to school on Thursday and Friday, Daniel going to school on Friday & both boys going to soccer on Thursday.  But we pretty much had to cancel our weekend.  I'm really crossing my fingers that a weekend of rest will do the trick and we can be back full force on Monday.

We were able to have a family movie night Friday night to finally watch Despicable Me 2.  We hadn't seen either movie and my brother got Despicable Me for the boys for Christmas.  We have watched it at least 5 times the past month, everyone loves it.  Even Zak watches parts of it, he really likes the minions.  We bought DM2 with the money we had left from a Christmas return but couldn't find a good time to watch it.  We finally had time on Friday.  It was good, but I liked the first one better.  I thought it was funnier and had a better story and villain.  Adrian agrees with me.  AJ liked the second one better because he really liked the bad minions.  He was cracking up through a lot of the movie so that made it even better for me.

The boys are also getting more interested in sports these days, especially AJ.  This weekend we watched a hockey game, basketball game and some of the Super Bowl together.  I love teaching him about all the sports.  He will be starting hockey lessons and t-ball in March and is very excited, especially for hockey.

Other than that, it's been a pretty calm & by the book week.  We are gearing up for the big celebrations next week...Zak turns 2 and Daniel turns 5!!  Here are a few pictures from the week:

Zak & Daniel watching Mickey Mouse in my bed while I get a shower
AJ playing video games

No comments:

Post a Comment