Sunday, February 16, 2014

Keeping Up with...Family (Parties - Part 2)

As I mentioned, we are in a 2 week long stretch of parties.  I may have to split this post into two posts as we have had so many parties this past week.

The week started with Daniel's 5th birthday on Monday.  He wanted to bring Superman cupcakes to share with his friends at school so Adrian &  I spent Sunday night trying to do that.  They didn't come out great (and there are no pictures - they were that bad!)  But the kids loved them.  What's not to love, chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing??  We all sang & had cupcakes as a family again that night too.


Tuesday wasn't really a party, but I had a super fun day volunteering in AJ's class room.  I am so thankful that Tammy volunteers to watch the younger boys once each month so I can go into AJ's class.  This month I was able to work with 4 kids who are struggling with learning their sight words.  I was able to give them some one on one attention to work on those words.  I also got to help the kids make their Valentine's for their families.  I helped them do the hand prints for the cards.  And I made a ton of copies making things a little easier on the teacher.  I was exhausted after only 2 1/2 hours in the class room, I don't know how these teachers do it!!
AJ's Valentine for us.  I didn't help with his, only his class mates.
Wednesday Daniel had the zoo come to his school.  He was so excited about this visit and told me ALL about it.  The highlight for him (and all the other kids) was the flamingo, who charged at the kids and then pooped on the floor!  They all thought that was hysterical.  Daniel also really liked the possum, he thought it was cool how he could hang upside down from his tail.  And I was super proud of Daniel for touching Ruby the lizard!  The zoo also brought an owl, snake, aadvark, and baby alligator.  Super fun day for the kids!  Thanks Columbus Zoo, you are awesome!

Thursday AJ had his Valentine's Day party at school because he didn't have school on Friday.  I was supposed to go back and volunteer again but Zak got pink eye so I wasn't able to.  AJ was disappointed, but he had a blast anyway.  The kids got to decorate sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles.  They also had fruit & pretzels to snack on.  And then each kid gave out Valentines to everyone in class.  AJ was so excited to come home & read all his cards & see all his crap presents.  He also had a really good time filling out his cards to his class mates & figuring out who would like which character.

I think I'll end there for now and finish up with rest of the week and the weekend in a post in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment