Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (1/22 - 1/28)

We had another week of craziness here and my workouts (or lack there of) reflects that.  Some of it was unavoidable (sickness, weather) some of it was my fault (laziness, lack of motivation).  It is what it is and I will continue to move on.

It is always so apparent to me how positively working out effects my life, but it's even more apparent when I'm not working out.  I tend not to be as productive around the house.  I'm also crabby, short tempered & not as patient.  It's a combination of the endorphins from the exercise and the social aspect of the group fitness classes I take.  I miss my friends when I don't get to the gym!  I'm so happy everyone is healthy and that I can head out & teach my class today.  Hoping I will be in a good rhythm for a while now! 

 I really need to get serious and do all the remaining long walks for my half marathon training.  This week we have 6 on the schedule which is about the max that I feel I can do without any training.  We are supposed to get more snow Fri & Sat so it could make for an interesting 6 miles.  I am hoping to do 1-2 miles today, tomorrow & Fri on the treadmill around classes. 
What it looked like on Sat when I should have been walking.  I don't mind the snow but with the cold I had to sit this one out.
I'm super excited that I am almost finished with my monthly workout challenge.  I can't believe how many pushups & squats I have been doing.  This is the first time I have made it through a whole month and I could not have done it without the support of my friends who are doing it with me.  I'm excited to see what the February challenge is!  Want to join??  Let me know & I'll send you an invite on Facebook!

Here's how the past week looked:
Wednesday, 1/22 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba Class, Took a 45 minute barre class
Thursday, 1/23 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba Class (am), Taught a 60 minute Zumba Class (pm), Biked 15 minutes, Elliptical 10 minutes (great day!!)
Friday, 1/24 - Rest Day due to sickness
Saturday, 1/25 - Rest Day due to sickness
Sunday, 1/26 - Lazy day :-(
Monday, 1/27 - Took a 45 minute barre class (review coming next week!)
Tuesday, 1/28 - Lazy day :-(

Weigh in:
1/22 weight - 215
1/29 weight - 213

Yay!  I'm excited to see a loss even though it wasn't the best week.  I did work really hard on Saturday & Tuesday to stay as close to my calorie goal as possible so I think that helped.  I hit my first goal with this weigh in, I've lost 5% of my starting weight on 1/1.  Next goal - get back to my lowest on this journey (207 on 10/23).

No comments:

Post a Comment