Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (2/12 - 2/18 & Race Recap)

 Race #3 of 14 for the year is in the books!  On Saturday I did the Valentine's Day 5K with two of my special lady friends.  :-)

Amy, Janna & I bundled up before the race
I got a little concerned about this race when it started snowing Friday night.  I knew a lot of the trails in the area aren't cleared already, then we got another 2-3 inches of slippery snow.  We were all concerned about ice & decided we'd go & take it slow if we had to.

I got there Saturday morning & we froze while we waited to start.  This is a brand new race and the field was super small.  It was limited to 200 people and I don't think it sold out.  We were off right at 9:00 with a warning that the bridges might be icy.

The trail was FANTASTIC!!  We walked thru Creekside in Gahanna which is one of my favorite places to walk anyway and the snow made it even better.  But I could not believe how perfectly clear the trail was.  We didn't slip or slide at all.  We finished in around 47:00 (I don't know exactly, I was so bundled up I couldn't get to my app to track my time) and I'm super happy about it.
With our recovery bananas - you have to be a little goofy to walk in this weather!
A normal shot.  Don't we look thinner than the start line??
The race was run by Speedy Sneakers Racing, whose director I have become friends with.  They also do the LadyTutu Race which I love.  Once again, I thought they did a great job.  Our long sleeve tech shirts are amazing!!  (Peter, if you are reading this & have extras, let me know!)  It is the most comfy tech shirt I have.  The medals are very fun too!  And again the trails were in amazing shape.  Great race, great friends & I would definitely do it again!!
My awesome shirt & medal!  The other medal was from the Chiller Olympics
I had a pretty awesome week workout wise too.  Here's how it looked:

Wednesday, 2/12 - Taught a one hour Zumba class, rode the bike 20 minutes & took a 45 minute Barre class
Thursday, 2/13 - Taught 2 one hour Zumba classes - one in the am & one in the pm
Friday, 2/14 - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Saturday, 2/15 - 5K race, 1.5 hours of ice skating with the boys at the Chiller Olympics
Sunday, 2/16 - rest day
Monday, 2/17 - Taught a one hour Zumba class, did the elliptical for 20 minutes
Tuesday, 2/18 - Practiced new Zumba songs for about 30 minutes

Weigh in:
2/12 weight - 213
2/19 weight - 215
Change - up 2 lbs

There's the bad news.  It is so true that you can't out exercise a bad diet.  For Friday, Saturday & Sunday I ate ALL the things.  And almost all of them were not healthy.  It was bad.  So I'm up 2 lbs.  I even said over the weekend that I was throwing away my hard work...as I stuffed birthday cake in my pie hole.  Hoping for a better balance this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment