OK, Wow, where did February go? I guess between it being a short month & the fact that 2 of my 3 boys celebrate their birthdays that month it really flies in our house. Here is an updated on how I've been doing with my 2013 goals the past month:
1. Do 13 races in 2013 - I finished one race in Feb. And I have more than 13 scheduled & a few more I'm still looking at. I'd say I'm on track for this one.
2. Exercise 5 days/week - In the month of Feb, there were 7 days that I did not exercise. I had a rough time in the middle of the month with a lot of other things going on & missed a bunch of workouts. Didn't hit this goal for the month, moving on to the next month.
3. Train for CapCity 1/2 Marathon in May - So big news here...I have decided not to do the 1/2 marathon after all. I have been back & forth about if I wanted to do another 1/2 right now, thought that I did, then changed my mind a million times. I have realized, I don't like walking more than 6ish miles at a time. So I transferred to the 1/4 & now I'm super excited for CapCity!
4. Do monthly challenges - I did great with these in Feb! I completed Anne's Fit February Challenge by adding the elliptical & spinning to my workout routines. I also did the Plank a Day Challenge & Love my Abs Challenge. I feel a difference from both of these. I increased my prone plank time by :30 in Feb, now I can hold it for 1:30. For March, I'm signed up for 3 big challenges: The 100 mile March, March Plank a Day, and Pushing our Luck where I am attempting to do 100 consecutive pushups. It's not too late to join me for any or all of these challenges!!
Weight Loss Goals
1. Stay under my calorie goal for the day for 13 out of 14 days - Again, I didn't do great with this goal. I was over my calorie goal 8 of the 28 days. Again, birthdays, guests, nervous break downs, etc. No excuses, it is what it is.
2. Lose 1-2 lbs/week - I only lost 2 lbs this month. This is to be expected with the bad eating & low exercise for the month.
3. Get under 200 lbs by my birthday - I'm currently at 227. This is not going to happen. The 1/4 marathon may not even happen right now. But I'll get there one day!
1. Declutter this house - In Feb I finished the kitchen, did the laundry room & all of the boys' craft supplies. I put the decluttering on hold for the last week of the month so I could focus on our taxes, which I got filed today, yay! This is the earliest I think I have ever filed.
2. Read at least 12 books this year - I finished 1 book in Feb: "I've Got Your Number" by Sophia Kinsella. I really enjoyed it!
3. Take one picture each day - This has been a super fun
challenge so far! Not like I needed to take more pictures, but it is a
really cool way to chronicle the year. You can check out the pictures
on Facebook. Still going strong with this one, haven't missed a day yet, although some days are harder than others.
5. More consistent blogging - I did OK with
this in Feb. I totally missed the updates on the boys, just too busy enjoying them. I did blog every week for
Thankful Thurs, every week for marathon training & am updating these
How are your goals for 2013 going??