Monday, March 4, 2013

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 8

So this title is a little misleading, but it's half true so I went with it.  In case you missed my goals post yesterday, I have some news...I am no longer training for the CapCity 1/2 marathon.  I dropped down to the 1/4 marathon (6.55 miles) on Thursday & I couldn't be more excited!!  I don't really have any great reason why I'm not doing the half other than, I just don't want to.  More often than not over the past few weeks I've noticed myself thinking, I wish I was only doing the 1/4, not the 1/2.  I finally decided to pull the trigger.

Now this doesn't mean that I will be stopping my exercising, actually I think this decision will have me exercising more.  I'm going to do all kinds of different fun challenges.  I'm still doing the 13 races in 2013.  I'll still keep going to my gym as much as possible for Zumba, TBC, kick boxing & now spinning.

I will also still keep blogging my workouts so I can keep myself accountable.  I will do updates on Mondays, but they will be related to the challenges I'm doing.

So here's what I did the past week:
Monday - 50 minute Total Body Conditioning class, 40 minute yoga class, 15 minutes on elliptical
Tuesday - 45 minute spinning class, 40 minute Zumba class
Wednesday - 60 minute Zumba class, 25 minute Total Body Conditioning class, 40 minute yoga class
Thursday - 40 minute Zumba class, 60 minute Kick Boxing class
Friday - 60 minute Zumba class, Walked 3.9 miles
Saturday - Walked 3.1 miles (5K), 10 minutes on elliptical
Sunday - rest day

I started the 100 Mile March challenge this past week as well.  I did 7 miles in the first 3 days of March.  93 more to go.

And I continued with my Plank A Day challenge.  I got up to a 1:35 prone plank over the weekend  - my longest ever!  I'm hoping to hit 2:00 by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment