Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Goals

So now that I have looked at my year in review, I'm thinking ahead to next year.  I'm not big on "resolutions" & I don't believe you have to wait until Jan 1 to start something new or improved.  But I do think the new year is a good time to reevaluate where you are & make a few goals for the next 12 months.

One of the biggest things I will concentrate on this year is my health & fitness.  I'm so blessed to have a big group of friends & family who continue to support me on this journey, both in person & virtually.  The other day my friend Anne posted that she will be joining the "13 in 2013 Challenge."  Well I love races & I love a good challenge, so I'm in!  I will be finishing 13 different races this year.  I'll do a variety of lengths, mostly 5Ks with a few 10Ks & at least one 1/2 marathon throw in.  I will also be doing a few virtual races to fulfill this challenge.  Here is my schedule so far:


1/1 - First on the First 5K in Westerville
Jan - Sandy Hook Elementary Memorial 5K (virtual)
April - Restore the Shore Virtual Run - 5 miles
5/4 - Cap City Half Marathon
9/8 - New Albany Walking Classic

I will also be doing the 5 by the 5th Virtual Series from Jan-June.  My plan is to do a 5K each month, although I may go up to a 5 miler for May or June.  I also plan to do a beer run with Adrian again this year, March of Dimes & hopefully the Emerald City 1/4 marathon so that will give me 12 of the 13 races.  I'm sure I'll find at least one more to do, maybe more if the budget/schedule allows.  :)

In addition to exercising, I will be watching what I eat & will continue to count my calories using My Fitness Pal.  I hope to be under 200 lbs by my birthday, but after eating a ton this Christmas season that seems like a super lofty goal.  I will probably adjust it to be under 200 by the 1/2 on May 4th.  I'd really like to lose 2 lbs/week for the whole year, but we will see how the year goes.

My other big personal goal is to do some organizing in this house.  I had it pretty under control & then I think when I added the 3rd kid I kinda let it slip.  I'm going to take the first 3 months of the year to go room to room & declutter.  I will be getting rid of a lot of stuff!  This will hopefully make it easier to keep up with the house.  I'm a big fan of Flylady so after I go thru each room, I'll continue to follow her method to clean up the house.

I also have to get our pictures organized.  As you all have probably seen, I take a lot of pictures.  I have a bunch to put up on our walls, including one of Zak every month since he's been born.  I also have all of the 2012 pictures to label & organize.  And I have some artwork pictures and clothing pictures that I'd like to scrapbook.  I'm planning to meet up with friends at least once/month to work on this stuff.

These goals are of course in addition to all the stuff I do on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.  Should make for a busy & interesting year.  I'm up for the challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment