Monday, February 25, 2013

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 7

So this week was awful!  Actually it was a pretty great week life wise, but a horrible training week.  I had a bunch of out of the ordinary things happen so I missed a few workouts & then it snow balled from there.  I wasn't even going to write this post, but decided I needed to hold myself accountable.  I worked out Mon & Tues last week, then that was pretty much it.  I am proud to say that I have still stuck with my plank a day challenge & the love my abs challenge.  So even though it wasn't a great week, at least my core got some work each day.  I'm back in the groove today & have some fun & exciting things planned for March so stay tuned!

Sign in the locker room at my gym - love it!

Instead of detailing my training, I thought I'd take a minute to share a few highlights of my week. 

My parents were here visiting last weekend & into this week.  It was great to see them & have some time for them to spend with my boys.  Everyone had a great time & the boys were super sad to see Nana & Pop Pop leave.  Hopefully they will be back this summer to visit again.

I had Daniel's parent teacher conference.  It went awesome.  He's doing great in preschool, already mastered everything he should for a 3 year old so now they are working on kindergarten readiness stuff with him (what he will focus on next year in preschool).  His only weakness is his social skills.  The teachers are going to work on that for the next 3 months.

I was able to volunteer in AJ's class on Wednesday.  It was great to see what he does on a daily basis at school.  I helped with some evals of other students in the class, then ran a center where we played a rhyming game & sight word bingo.  AJ loved having me in there!  I'm already signed up to do it again in March.

We had an ice day on Friday.  Everything was cancelled.  School for AJ.  Zumba for me.  We stayed in our pajamas & played all day.  So great to have a day to relax!

We took AJ & Daniel to Disney on Ice last night.  Such a fun show!!  The boys loved watching it.  Their favorite part was Peter Pan, especially when Captain Hook was eaten by the crocodile.  I liked all the couples skating in the second act, especially The Lion King.  Watching those 2 "lions" skate to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" brought tears to my eyes.  I also really liked all the princesses...I don't see them too much around here.  :)

Hope you all had a great week!  Will be back to the normal blogging next week with a great training week & some info on some March challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment