Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Appliances

This week I have been reminded how thankful I am for my appliances!  I know they are conveniences but this past week some of them have felt like necessities.  I'm so thankful we have them all!

Washer & Dryer - we had the stomach flu go through our house...need I say more?  :)  Seriously, both Daniel & Zak got sick multiple times.  And they pretty much hit a blanket every time.  Sometimes they took out full bedding sets.  I have done more loads of laundry this week than I have in a very long time.
My BFFs this week...and the ever present full laundry basket in front of them
 Food Processor - did I seriously live without this until just a month ago?  I use it nearly every day.  This week I have used it 3 times to "rice" cauliflower alone.  I also used it to grind up sweet potatoes.  And I will use it to make applesauce when I get a minute.

My new food processor with cauliflower rice - delicious!

Crock Pot - This is also a newer appliance to me.  I didn't even have one until I married Adrian.  Then I didn't use it for a good year or so after we got married.  Now I use it at least once/week, sometimes more.  I'm cooking tortilla soup in it right now.  It smells awesome!

Gadgets - Again, we the stomach flu so we didn't get to leave the house much the past 4 days.  I'm thankful I had all of our electronic gadgets to keep the boys busy...and myself entertained.  The boys are really into video games right now, so we spent a lot of time playing XBox & Wii this week.  And our DVR has been a life saver when I have kids who can't get off the couch.

Dishwasher - 5 people at home all day.  Eating 3 meals plus snacks at home.  Most of which are home made.  Yeah, that's a lot of dishes.  Some days I have had 2 loads in the dishwasher, plus some hand washed stuff.  Thankful I don't have to wash them all by hand!!

This is just a short list of my appliances that I'm grateful for.  Now excuse me, I'm off to switch more clothes from washer to dryer and probably start another load...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment