So I set goals for myself this year for the first time in a long time. I've decided I will update at the end of each month to see where I am. I tweaked them a little & added a few things since the first post. I'm thinking this will be an ever evolving process. Thanks for holding me accountable!
1. Do 13 races in 2013 - I finished one race in Jan. And I have more than 13 scheduled & a few more I'm still looking at. I'd say I'm on track for this one.
2. Exercise 5 days/week - In the month of Jan, there were only 5 days that I did not exercise. I think I killed this goal.
3. Train for CapCity 1/2 Marathon in May - My training has been going really well! I love the plan I found & am enjoying the training! I am blogging the training every week so check back on Mondays for updates.
4. Do monthly challenges - I didn't do any challenges in Jan, but am signed up for 3 in Feb. I'm doing Anne's Fit February Challenge, Plank a Day Challenge & Love my Abs Challenge. I'm super excited!
Weight Loss Goals
1. Stay under my calorie goal for the day for 13 out of 14 days - Didn't do great with this goal. I was over my calorie goal 7 of the 31 days. But I did log my calories 29 of the 31 days with My Fitness Pal so I will count that as a victory.
2. Lose 1-2 lbs/week - I've lost 10 lbs in 5 weeks, perfect! :)
3. Get under 200 lbs by my birthday - I'm currently at 229. This is going to be a stretch. The 1/2 marathon is a more realistic goal right now.
1. Declutter this house - So far I have decluttered AJ & Daniel's room & closet, Zachary's room (not closet yet), the play room, the living room, the coat closet & I started on the kitchen. We have gotten rid of a TON of stuff, yay!
2. Read at least 12 books this year - I finished 3 books in Jan: "Life of Pi," "Grafiti," and "Men are Like a Box of Chocolate"
3. Take one picture each day - This has been a super fun challenge so far! Not like I needed to take more pictures, but it is a really cool way to chronicle the year. You can check out the pictures on Facebook.
5. More consistent blogging - I have done really well with this. In Jan I blogged for each of the kids once, every week for Thankful Thurs, every week for marathon training & am updating these goals.