Sunday, February 3, 2013

2013 Goals Update

So I set goals for myself this year for the first time in a long time.  I've decided I will update at the end of each month to see where I am.  I tweaked them a little & added a few things since the first post.  I'm thinking this will be an ever evolving process.  Thanks for holding me accountable!

Exercise Goals

1.  Do 13 races in 2013 - I finished one race in Jan.  And I have more than 13 scheduled & a few more I'm still looking at.  I'd say I'm on track for this one.
2.  Exercise 5 days/week - In the month of Jan, there were only 5 days that I did not exercise.  I think I killed this goal.

3.  Train for CapCity 1/2 Marathon in May - My training has been going really well!  I love the plan I found & am enjoying the training!  I am blogging the training every week so check back on Mondays for updates.

4.  Do monthly challenges - I didn't do any challenges in Jan, but am signed up for 3 in Feb.  I'm doing Anne's Fit February Challenge, Plank a Day Challenge & Love my Abs Challenge.  I'm super excited!


Weight Loss Goals
1.  Stay under my calorie goal for the day for 13 out of 14 days - Didn't do great with this goal.  I was over my calorie goal 7 of the 31 days.  But I did log my calories 29 of the 31 days with My Fitness Pal so I will count that as a victory.

2.  Lose 1-2 lbs/week - I've lost 10 lbs in 5 weeks, perfect!  :)

3.  Get under 200 lbs by my birthday - I'm currently at 229.  This is going to be a stretch.  The 1/2 marathon is a more realistic goal right now.

Family/Personal Goals
1.  Declutter this house - So far I have decluttered AJ & Daniel's room & closet, Zachary's room (not closet yet), the play room, the living room, the coat closet & I started on the kitchen.  We have gotten rid of a TON of stuff, yay!
2.  Read at least 12 books this year - I finished 3 books in Jan:  "Life of Pi," "Grafiti," and "Men are Like a Box of Chocolate" 
3.  Take one picture each day - This has been a super fun challenge so far!  Not like I needed to take more pictures, but it is a really cool way to chronicle the year.  You can check out the pictures on Facebook.
5.  More consistent blogging - I have done really well with this.  In Jan I blogged for each of the kids once, every week for Thankful Thurs, every week for marathon training & am updating these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment