Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1/2 Marathon Training - Week 3

Wow, this week flew by & it had some craziness in it.  :)  I'm super proud I got all of my workouts in and took 2 rest days this week.

On Thursdays I have been taking a cardio kickboxing class that I LOVE!  This Thursday it was taking a long time to get started.  After about 15 minutes, the instructor told us that he couldn't get the music to work & he would have to cancel class.  We begged him to stay & figured out music on someone else's phone.  It turned out to be a great class with lots of sweat & some laughs (like doing our ab work to "Ice Ice Baby.")  I was proud of myself that I stayed.

Then on Friday I fought through more snow than I expected, got to Zumba late & about 10 minutes later the teacher offered to end class early so we could get home safely.  Again we begged to stay (we were already there, how bad would it get in 30 more minutes?) & I got a great workout.

Finally on Sunday the alarm went off for me to go to walking club & I did not want to go.  At all.  But I dragged myself out of my nice warm bed, got dressed & headed downstairs.  I turned on the news to make sure I was dressed right & they said it felt like 7 degrees.  Seriously?  I'm going walking in this?  I forced myself out to door to the car & went to meet my club.  The first 1/2 mile or so I was freezing & seriously questioning my sanity.  But after I warmed up, the next 3 miles flew by.

Here's a recap of my workouts last week:
Monday, 1/21 - rest day
Tuesday, 1/22 - 1 mile on treadmill, 20 minutes on bike, 30 minutes of Zumba class
Wednesday, 1/23 - 60 minutes of Zumba class (am), 50 minute yoga class, 35 minutes of Zumba class (pm)
Thursday, 1/24 -25 minutes of Zumba class, 40 minutes of cardio kickboxing
Friday, 1/25 - 35 minutes of Zumba class, 10 minutes on bike
Saturday, 1/26 - rest day
Sunday, 1/27 - 3.5 mile walk with walking club

No comments:

Post a Comment