Saturday, March 3, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Mar 4 - Mar 10)

We followed our meal plan from last week exactly!  Well, maybe not exactly because we flipped around a few meals.  But we made everything we were supposed to make last week.  And everything was delicious!  I stayed under my calorie goal every day last week and I'm feeling really great.  I hope to keep this up for the rest of this year, and longer.  It isn't always easy, but I know it's worth it.  There were many nights when I didn't want to cook, or didn't want what we had planned, but I forced myself to do it anyway.  We are both feeling better and we are saving money, win-win.

This is a weird week for us.  We don't have as much as we normally do but it's still a busy week.  And my parents are coming in for a long weekend so we'll be spending some time with them.  It's looking like only Saturday and Sunday because we have plans all day on Friday.  But it will still be nice to have a family filled weekend.  I haven't talked to my brother yet to make our plan, but I'm hoping to go to his house on Saturday for dinner, then have everyone here on Sunday.  I'm planning to roast a chicken in my instant pot so if we flip, I'll still be ready to go on Saturday.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Crab Legs in the instant pot & salad
Monday - Messy Lasagna
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Salsa Chicken over Cauliflower Rice
Thursday - Pasta (tortellini & gnocchi with alfredo sauce)
Friday - Garlic Herb Chicken & Asparagus
Saturday - Hopefully out at my brother's

Water Flavor - Orange, hopefully for the last time.  I have four oranges left, but two of them don't look great.  If that won't fill the infuser, I have a few limes that I will add in.

Overnight Oats - I already have these set up for the week.  I used my normal recipe and then added flavors to it.  I made two batches of chocolate with butterscotch chips, two batches with homemade applesauce and cinnamon and one batch using mango flavored yogurt.  If that isn't enough for the week, I have black cherry yogurt to make a quick batch mid-week.

Use It Up - I am trying not to shop at all this week.  I'm using up all of the veggies that I have in the fridge this week (cauliflower, asparagus & salad).  I'm using meat we have in the freezer all week.  I'm doing some easy meals like tacos & pasta which also use up some things I buy in bulk when on sale.  And I had a few apples that were turning, so I cut them up for applesauce which we will eat as a side or use in our oats.

Lunches - I'm not making anything this week in order to use up what I have.  I will have either salads or sandwiches for lunch this week.  And Adrian and I will also use up the leftovers we have.  Next weekend I will be making a full chicken so if we have leftovers from that I will make chicken salad early in the week for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment