Sunday, March 18, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Mar 18 - Mar 24)

Last week we had way more leftovers than I thought we would so we decided to scrap our meal plan and pretty much eat leftovers all week to get control of our refrigerator.  The only night we cooked dinner was yesterday so that we could start restocking the fridge for this week.  It was nice to pretty much have the week off from cooking and we still had a pretty good variety of food.

This week is super busy for us but I am determined to stick to our plan this week.  I have already shopped for the whole week and will be doing some prep today to get us in a good place for the week.  We have something pretty much every night this week since soccer is starting up for the boys.  And I'm subbing every day this week since I took most of last week off and will be off all of next week for spring break.  My eating hasn't been great this month so I'm trying to reign it in for this week before next week of birthday/Easter/spring break fun.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Steak on the grill, leftover asparagus and green beans
Monday - Sausage Lentil Soup (carryover from last week)
Tuesday -Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Korean Style Lettuce Wraps
Thursday - Tortellini Soup
Friday - Sour Cream Noodle Bake for the boys, I'm going out to dinner with friends!
Saturday - Fish Tacos


Water flavor - Lime.  While I loved the sweetness of the mango water last week, I'm back to citrus because I have a few limes to use up.  This is the end of my citrus overload so I'm hoping to go back to more sweet water after this week.

Overnight Oats - I haven't even thought about these yet so I'll do it on the fly.  I have enough for two days leftover from last week because I made a lot and we had a few days that we didn't eat them.  For the rest I will use my normal recipe and then added flavors to it.  I still have homemade applesauce so that will be two batches this week.  I will also do two batches of chocolate with butterscotch chips because it's Adrian's favorite.  That will probably be it for this week and I'll watch how quickly we eat it this week to see if I need to make more later in the week.

Use it Up - Last week was all about leftovers and we did a great job of cleaning out both refrigerators.  I spent Friday shopping to refill them so I don't really have a plan to use anything up this week.  But I'm hoping to not have to go shopping until after spring break so there will be a lot of using up what we have next week for sure.

Lunches - I'm planning on having salads this week because I accidentally bought too much Romaine lettuce this week.  I didn't know we had 3 heads & I bought my normal 6 heads at Costco on Friday.  So I'll be using that up this week.  I also volunteered to bring dinner to two different friends this week so I'll be making them Chicken Taco Casserole.  I decided to make a third tray of this for us too.  This will be for lunches or if I just can't get it together to cook one night!

No comments:

Post a Comment