Monday, March 5, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/23 - 3/1)

Friday (2/23) We finally reached Friday!!  This week was long and exhausting but we made it.  We all got up and moving and everyone got to work and school on time.  I dropped everyone off at school and then came home to do a few things around the house before heading into school to sub an afternoon assignment.  I caught up on some laundry since I was way behind on that from the week!  After we all got home from work and school, we got ready for a busy night that had us all going in different directions.

I left first and headed to the church to work for a few hours as the facility manager.  While I was there, Adrian got everyone else ready.  AJ was picked up by his friend David and went to an event at his church called Christians vs Romans.  The adults hid a glow in the dark cross and the kids had to try to find it in the dark.  He had so much fun and I'm thankful his friend invited him to the event.  Then Adrian got everyone else ready and he headed out to Zak's Cub Scout pack lock in at the church.  He dropped Daniel off to me and headed to Zak's event.  They had a blast playing with the other kids until the wee hours of the morning (I got a text at 1am of them trying to sleep!)  They had snacks, video games, movies and board games.  I'm so glad they were able to do this event!!
While everyone else was out, Daniel and I had a date night.  He hung with me at the church until my shift was over, then we headed to Red Robin for dinner.  We had so much fun talking, laughing, doing the hidden picture on his place mat and of course eating!  When we were finished we came home and watched a movie together, Monsters vs Aliens.  It was pretty cute.  Daniel really liked it!  He liked it so much he wouldn't go to bed until is was over.  It was a late night for us as well, but well worth it for some time together.
Saturday (2/24) Adrian and Zak got home super early and everyone else woke up soon after.  We relaxed for a little bit and then I had to get ready to teach a Zumba class.  While I was there, Adrian went to coach his last basketball game for the Crossover season.  The boys went and hung out with him at the church.  After we all got home, we had a quick lunch together and then I headed out to a Zumba jam.  I had so much fun dancing with my Zumba friends and learning 5 new songs!  They were all high energy and I was super sore and tired when we finished, but also so happy.  I came home and made dinner and then pretty much lounged around the house for the rest of the night.  We watched some TV, I ate a lot and we headed to bed early.  Such a fun Saturday!!
 
 
Sunday (2/25) We all slept in today, the long week finally caught up with us.  We had a relaxing start to our morning and then headed out to the second service at church.  I was volunteering in childcare so I hung out with Zak and Daniel in their room while Adrian went to service.  We came home and got ready to head to swimming together as a family.  All three boys are doing great and both Daniel and AJ can move up a level for the next session.  We came home after swimming and did a quick change to get the boys ready for Martial Arts.  I stayed home to get dinner together and do a few things around the house.  The boys were super excited to come home and show me they finally got their uniforms tonight!  We had a family dinner of meatballs subs, finished up the rest of our stuff for the weekend and got ready for another busy week.  We all headed to bed early to try to stay rested for the upcoming week.
Monday (2/26) Back to our normal routine today!  This will be the first full week we've had in quite some time between holidays and snow days.  We all got up and out on time this morning and headed to school and work.  After I dropped everyone off, I headed to the Y to take Body Pump and then teach my Silver Sneakers class.  After the two classes, I ran a few errands and then came home to set up dinner since we had a busy night.  I picked up the boys and we headed to the Y for my Zumba class.

We ran home after class and had a quick dinner before heading out to Scouts.  Adrian took AJ to his Boy Scout meeting where they set up new patrols for the next few months.  I took Zak to his Cub Scout pack meeting where all of the boys learned about people with disabilities.  I was able to teach all of the boys the Scout Oath and Scout Law in sign language as part of the lesson.  Daniel came with us and played video games during the meeting.  When we all got home, we did our normal night routine and headed to bed.

Tuesday (2/27) Another day where everyone was up and out on time.  It was hat day for Daniel and Zak and they were both excited to wear a hat to school.  After I got everyone else out and where they needed to be, I headed out to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes and then did a quick change and headed in to sub in the school.  I was supposed to be off for the day, but they really needed help so I went in and had a great day with my class.  I picked everyone up from school and we headed home to finish some homework and have dinner together.
After dinner, we headed up to the school for the district wide art show.  Each boy had a piece in the show so we had fun trying to find their art while also looking at the other art from friends and other students in the district.  We were successful in finding all three boys' art work and soon after we did, Adrian met us after his final basketball practice for the season.  The boys showed him where their art work was, as well as some of our favorites, while I snuck out to do some grocery shopping.  Adrian took the boys home and started getting everyone ready for bed.  When I got home, we got them settled in bed, watched a few comedies and headed to bed for the night.
 
Wednesday (2/28) We were all up and moving early today because I was subbing a full day today.  Adrian and I got AJ out on time and then I got myself and the other boys ready.  We got into school a little early so I could get set up for the day.  I had a great day with my class, they were very well behaved and I got thru everything the teacher left for us.  I also got to see AJ at the school because his class came over for a field trip to the art show.  He was there while my class was at lunch so we go to walk around for about 20 minutes together looking at the art.  It was a fun treat for both of us!
 
When the day was over, I picked up Daniel and Zak and we rushed home to pick up AJ and head to the Y for my Zumba class.  It was a full day so when we got back from the Y, we had dinner, finished homework and just hung out.  Adrian had Bible study so he headed there straight from work.  He got home just in time to help put the boys to bed and then we watched the premier of the new Survivor series.  We already have favorites and were happy with the people who were eliminated first and second!

Thursday (3/1) We all got up and moving on time again today.  I got everyone out to school and work and then headed to teach my Silver Sneakers classes.  Unfortunately my busy week caught up with me and when I got there I realized I forgot my music.  Thankfully I had some Zumba music downloaded and we were able to use that to workout.  After class I once again headed to the school to sub a half day.  I picked up Daniel and Zak and we headed home to meet AJ.  They had a relaxing night at home while I went out to teach my Zumba class.  Adrian made everyone dinner, mac and cheese in the instant pot, and did a great job.  We were all exhausted so after dinner we watched some TV and all headed to bed pretty early.

No comments:

Post a Comment