Friday, March 9, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/2 - 3/8)

Friday (3/2) Whew, we made it to Friday!  We barely got up but we did manage to get everyone to work and school on time.  Once I dropped the boys off to school I headed to the Y to sub two classes for my friend.  I taught Zumba Toning & a quick 30 minute Zumba class.  Both classes were super fun!  Then I quickly got changed and headed back to the school to sub for the afternoon.  It was wear your favorite super hero shirt day so I decided to participate in the fun:
After school, I picked up Daniel and Zak and we headed home to meet up with AJ.  The boys immediately started playing video games and I allowed it so I could sit down and rest for a bit.  I cooked a quick dinner then headed to the church to work as the facilities manager for the night.  I was regretting agreeing to work until 9pm, but I survived.  When I finally finished at work, I ran to Meijer to finish my food shopping for the week and then came home to watch a few shows before heading to bed.  I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, which never happens.


Saturday (3/3) We all got to sleep in a little this morning since we didn't have any commitments.  I was thinking about going to a class at the Y but decided my body needed rest instead, so I rested.  I spent the whole day catching up on stuff around the house that I needed to do while the boys played together.  In the afternoon, Adrian and Zak headed out to his first Pinewood Derby.  He didn't do very well, but he had a blast and thought it was the most fun day so that's more important.  After the Derby, Adrian dropped Zak off at home and then headed out to the All Star celebration for his Crossover basketball team.  I'm glad he was able to coach this season even though none of our boys played.
When he got home, we continued working around the house and trying to finish up the boys' homework.  We had a nice dinner together and then settled in for family movie night.  It was Zak's pick and he picked "Aladdin" (with a little help from me).  None of the boys had ever seen it and it's one of my favorites.  I found out halfway thru the movie that Adrian had never seen it either!  Everyone loved the movie, I'm so glad we watched it!  I'm hoping to sneak in a few more Disney classics this year on our family movie nights.
Sunday (3/4) Another morning sleeping in for all of us!  Adrian and I actually slept later than anyone.  Daniel came up around 8:30 and asked us to get up because "they have been downstairs alone for a while."  It's so nice that they can get up on their own now!  We had a relaxing morning and then headed to church for second service.  The kids were in service with us this week and Zak freaked out and would not go into service.  So after fighting with him for a while, I left and came home with him.

We went back to pick up the other boys after service and all came home and had a quick lunch before Adrian and the boys headed out to swim lessons.  I worked like crazy around the house while they were gone and just about finished up my list.  When the boys came home, they finished up their lists and then played video games for a little bit before I headed out with them to martial arts.  I enjoyed watching them practice tonight.  Adrian finished up his list while we were gone and then cooked delicious crab legs for dinner.  We finished up the night with some TV time, a little bit of the Oscars and early bedtimes so we're ready for another busy week.
Monday (3/5) Today we thought we were getting back to our normal schedule but AJ woke up and got sick.  So Adrian decided to take the day off to spend with him so that I could still do my full day.  I got the other boys up and ready for school and dropped them off.  Then I headed to the Y to take Body Pump and teach my Silver Sneakers class.  After class I quickly changed and headed to the school to sub for the afternoon.  I had a fun time with my class and finished a little early so I grabbed the boys and dropped them off at home.  Then I headed back to the Y to teach my Zumba class which was a ton of fun!  I came home and Adrian was cooking our dinner so I got to relax a little before enjoying a delicious meal.  AJ was feeling better so he and Adrian went Boy Scouts while I stayed home to do homework with the other two boys.  When they got home, we got everyone to bed, watched a few comedies and headed up to bed.  Hoping for a more normal schedule tomorrow!

Tuesday (3/6) We all got up and out on time again today.  Daniel and Zak both had special days at school so they had special things to wear.  Zak is celebrating Dr Suess week and today was "Green Eggs and Ham Day" so he wore a green shirt.  Daniel had a field trip to AEP (our local electric company) and he wanted to wear a shirt that had to do with energy.
After I dropped everyone off at school, I headed in to teach my Silver Sneakers classes.  We had so much fun, as always.  Then I headed in to sub an afternoon at the school.  When school was over, I picked up the boys and we headed home to meet AJ here.  They started a game where they do all kinds of exercises everyday so they headed upstairs to play that and I enjoyed 30 minutes of blissful silence.  Then as soon as Adrian got home, I headed out to do our grocery shopping for the week.  I was in and out in under an hour which was awesome!  I came home to taco Tuesday dinner cooked by Adrian, that's three nights in a row that he has cooked and not me.  We enjoyed dinner together, did a few things around the house and then settled in for a little TV before bed.  Everyone seemed pretty tired tonight so an early bedtime was necessary.

Wednesday (3/7) Today started very early when all three boys were up with AJ getting ready for school.  We got AJ out the door and then we relaxed a little before I got the other two boys ready.  After I dropped them off at school, I headed into AJ's school to sub for the afternoon.  I actually was subbing for his homeroom teacher so I got to spend some of my time with his class.  They were super well behaved and I enjoyed spending time in the classroom with them.  I had another class as well since they switch classes and that one wasn't quite as easy, but still fun because I knew about half of them.  After school was over, I drove AJ home and we relaxed a bit before it was time to pick up the other boys.
We picked up Daniel and Zak and Daniel was excited to share that he had clipped off the chart for the fifth time this year and was recognized by the administration with a medal and a picture with the Vice Principal.  We are super proud of how well he's doing in 3rd grade!  We headed to the Y so I could teach my Zumba class, while the boys hung out in childcare.  After a fun class, we ran a quick errand, then headed home.  When we got home, I realized I had set up the timer on the slow cooker wrong this morning and our dinner wasn't ready.  So Adrian and I threw pasta together for dinner and then I made leftovers with the chicken when it was finally done.  After dinner, Adrian headed out to Bible study while I got the boys thru homework and ready for bed.  Adrian got home in time to help with bedtime and after we got them settled, we watched Survivor together then headed to bed.
Thursday (3/8) Another early morning for us when everyone was up early again.  Daniel had me up before 5am, he just wasn't able to go back to sleep.  So we had a lazy start to our day before getting everyone out to school and work.  Shortly after AJ and Adrian left, I saw that the roads were super icy and traffic was horrible.  Thankfully they both got to school/work safely, although it took Adrian over an hour to get downtown.  I got the other boys to school on time and then headed in to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  They were smaller today, probably because of the weather, but we still worked hard.

After class, I rushed over to the school to sub for the afternoon.  I was two different teachers this afternoon and both classes were a little rough, but I survived.  I picked the boys up after school and we headed home to meet AJ.  I rested for a few minutes and then got ready for a busy night.  I had a Zumba class to teach and then a Scout committee meeting.  I got everything together and headed out when Adrian got home.  It was a busy but productive night for me!  Adrian had a great night playing with the boys and also got them thru homework and did some clean up around the house as well.  I got home just in time for bedtime for the boys.  After we got them down, we were both so exhausted that we made a quick snack, watched Big Bang Theory and headed up to bed.  It has been a long a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment