Sunday, March 25, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Mar 25 - Mar 31)

We were super busy last week and I ran out of steam on Thursday.  We also had a few nights where people didn't eat at home so we switched up a few things and postponed a few things to this week.  Adrian took the boys to the Blue Jackets game on Thursday night so we had pasta that night so everyone was full before the game.  Then Friday night I went out to eat with friends and Adrian got pizza for the boys, one half price one from Papa John's from the hockey game and one from Pizza Hut for Daniel's Book It program.

This week is spring break for us.  It's also my birthday and then Easter is next Sunday.  There are lots of special things going on and probably lots of bad eating.  Our menu plan is very easy, lots of casseroles and things I can throw together quickly.  Also lots of things that produce leftovers so that if we run late one day, we can just have leftovers.  I'm not sure what we're having for dinner for Easter, but it is only the five of us so we'll keep it pretty low key.

For spring break each boy got to pick one thing they want to do so we're trying to get all of that in during the week.  They want to go to COSI, the zoo, Glow Putt, roller skating, hang with friends, play video games and have two family movie nights.  I'm also working all of my normal classes, plus subbing two extra classes.  And we have pediatrician appointments.  Plus we have coupons for free ice cream at Dairy Queen, donuts to pick up at Krispy Kreme for great report cards and a few birthday freebies I want to use.  It's going to be a busy and fun week!!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Pizza and Ice Cream Cake with my brother to kick off my birthday week
Monday - Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Tuesday - Red Robin for my birthday
Wednesday - Sour Cream Noodle Bake (carry over from last week)
Thursday - Fish Tacos (carry over from last week)
Friday - Pasta with Vodka Sauce (I'll probably add sausage or chicken to this for us)
Saturday - Chicken Taco Casserole - I made this for two friends last week and both said it was great.  I have enough for us to have a tray of it and planned to do it last week but ran out of time.  So I'll do it sometime this week and heat it after a very busy Saturday.

Water Flavor - I did not enjoy the lime water from last week at all.  And I actually still have a bunch of it left in the pitcher.  I will probably do pear water this week, or I may take a week off since it's late on Sunday and I have a bunch of lime water to finish up.  We'll see how the next day or so goes.

Overnight Oats - I'm taking a week off from these.  We got bagels yesterday so that will be breakfast for a few days.  I also have a few servings of oats left from last week that we will eat this week.  And I may make pancakes one day since everyone loves them.  We'll just be fending for ourselves this week for breakfast.

Use It Up - I'm taking a break from this too.  I am hoping not to go to the grocery store at all this week so we'll be using up whatever we have in the house all week.

Lunches - I'll be having salad all week using up lots of lettuce that we have as well as the hard boiled eggs I have from last week.  I want to finish them all this week because we'll be coloring two dozen next week so I'll have a lot to eat after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment