Friday, March 16, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/9 - 3/15)

Friday (3/9) Finally, we all got a good night of sleep!!  We got AJ up and out to school and then Adrian headed to work.  The other boys slept in a little, then got up and go ready for school.  Zak was super easy to get ready because it was pajama day for him so he got dressed last night.  After I dropped everyone off, I headed home for a rare day off.  None of the subbing jobs really fit with my schedule so I decided to stay home and get some stuff done around the house to make the weekend easier.  I was super productive while everyone was at school!!  Before I knew it, it was time to pick up everyone for the day.  I finished a few more things around the house while they played video games and we waited for Adrian to get home from work.

I decided early in the day that I didn't feel like cooking dinner, or eating what we had planned.  So we ordered Jets pizza and Adrian picked it up on his way home.  The boys were super excited to have it tonight, it was a surprise for them.  After dinner, we got ready for our date night.  When our sitter got here, we headed out to see "An American in Paris."  It was just an OK play, we didn't love it.  The dancing was great, but a lot of the dancing scenes went on for a long time.  The scenery was amazing, we enjoyed watching all of the creative things that they did.  We still think a bad night at the theater is better than a great night at home.
Saturday (3/10) We slept in a little but then I had to get up and get moving to teach my Zumba class at the Y.  I had over 30 people in class again this week and we had a great time!  After class, I quickly ran to Kroger to pick up a few things and then headed home to get ready to head to my brother's house to visit with him and my parent who are in town for a quick weekend visit.  We spent the afternoon hanging out, playing games, eating and drinking.  It was a very relaxing day and so nice to be with family.  We stayed a little later than we expected and the boys were ready to go straight to bed when we got home.  I also went right to bed, probably because I had a lot of wine during the day.  It was a great Saturday!!
Sunday (3/11) Daniel had a rough time sleeping again so he ended up in bed with me around 4 in the morning.  We were up for a bit but he finally settled down and we both went back to sleep.  Then he and I slept until 10am!  Although with the time change our body felt like it was only 9am.  I hate this time change every year and I'm sure this week will suck because of it!  We missed church since we all slept in and didn't get moving very quickly.  I made chocolate chip pancakes for everyone for breakfast and then we started to get a few things done around the house and prep for family dinner with my brother and parents at our house today.

In the afternoon, Adrian took the boys to the Y for their last swim class of this session.  They all did great and both AJ and Daniel will be moving up a level next session.  They came home right around the same time that everyone else got here too.  We had another relaxing day chatting, watching sports and watching the kids play together.  We had a delicious dinner and awesome crumb cake for dessert.  The boys were upset when my parents left, but understand that this was just a quick trip.  After everyone left, we got the house back in order and relaxed a little before heading to bed at our normal time in hopes of starting the week well rested despite the stupid time change.
Monday (3/12) It was back to our regular schedule today.  It was rough getting everyone up and out to school because they were all tired because of the time change.  I finally dragged everyone out of bed and got them to school on time.  Since I was tired, I decided to skip Body Pump and take some time to work around the house.  Then I headed to the Y to teach my Silver Sneakers class and then headed up to my brother's house to pick up my parents.  Since everyone else was at work and school, we headed out to Melt for lunch.  My sandwich was delicious & so filling!  I ate half for lunch and half for dinner.
After lunch, I dropped them off at the airport before heading back to pick up all of the boys from school.  We relaxed for a little bit and then had leftovers for dinner before heading out to Scouts for the night.  I took Zak to his Lions meeting where they made tote bags for their scout stuff and practiced tying knots with Twizzlers.  Adrian took AJ to his Boy Scout meeting where he helped set up their calendar for the next few months.  He is super excited about all of the things they have planned!  As soon as we all got home, we got the boys ready for bed, watched a few comedies and headed to bed ourselves. 

Tuesday (3/13) This morning wasn't quite as rough as yesterday, but there was still some complaining and dragging feet as we got ready.  Everyone got up and out on time and after I dropped everyone off, I headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I got upsetting news when I got there that one of my participants passed away.  I will be praying for his family, especially his wife who is also a student.  After two great classes, I headed out to run a ton of errands.  I got a bunch done and got home just in time to get AJ off the bus and pick up the other boys from school.

When I got everyone home, I unloaded all of the groceries and then relaxed for a bit.  Then I got the boys through their homework which including deciding on AJ's choices for his first year of middle school next year!  He is super excited to join the band and learn to play the trombone.  We had leftovers for dinner again tonight before I headed out to the church to work as the facility rep for the evening.  I got home just in time for bedtime for the boys, then Adrian and I had a snack, watched a few shows and went to bed.  This time change sucks!

Wednesday (3/14) The time change hit hard today!  We were all cranky and exhausted today.  But we managed to get up and moving and get everyone where they needed to be on time.  After I dropped everyone off at school, I ran to the grocery store to finish up the shopping for the week.  Then I came home to have a quick lunch before heading in to sub as the music teacher for the afternoon.  I had all kindergarten classes, including Zak's class.  They were pretty confused about why I was there, but they pulled it together pretty quickly.

After school, I ran home with Zak and Daniel to pick up AJ and get ready to head to the Y for my Zumba class.  We had an awesome class and I felt great when it was over, ready to take on the rest of the night.  We ran to the library to return a few things and then headed home to get thru dinner (more leftovers) and homework.  Adrian had Bible study so he headed there after work.  He got home just in time to help with bedtime.  We finished cleaning up the kitchen and then settled in to watch Survivor before heading to bed for the night.

Thursday (3/15) Everyone seems to be in better spirits after a great night of sleep.  We all got up and out on time this morning.  After I dropped everyone off at school, I headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We had so much fun in both classes, lots of laughs this morning.  After class, I had a meeting with my manager there where I got a great report on my classes.  I have a few opportunities to pick up some subbing there so I will be doing that in the future.  After that, I headed to see my friend Bridget who is in cosmetology school.  She needed some practice so I went in for a new haircut.  And she did a fantastic job!!
After that, I headed home to get a few things done and get ready for a busy night.  Adrian came home early so that he could watch the OSU basketball game and  I left soon after he got home to go teach my corporate Zumba class.  Then he fed the boys and took them all to the park because Daniel had his first soccer practice tonight.  He did great with his new team and coach and is super excited about the season!  Zak and AJ played on the play ground until I got there when AJ and Adrian headed home to watch the end of the OSU game (they won - yay!)  I finally got home with Daniel and Zak and had my dinner and then we started our night routine.  We got the boys to bed and watched a few comedies while checking on the basketball games.  We both were ready for bed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment