Sunday, March 4, 2018

Keeping Up With...2018 Goals (Feb Recap & March Goals)

February flew by in the blink of an eye!  It's probably because we had two birthdays and multiple weeks that were overbooked.  Plus a few holidays, snow days and lots of work for Adrian and I.  Wow, it was a short month but we certainly packed a lot in.  I also did great keeping on track with my goals, only missing a few things here or there.  Same as I did in January, I will talk a little about how I did with each of the 10 goals this month and then talk about my plans for March to stay on track.

1. Lose 50 pounds (Lost 10 pounds this year, Grade for Feb: A+)
  • Meal plan each Sunday - Again, I did this each week for this month and wrote a blog post about it.  It is still helping us to eat healthy and stay on a budget for grocery shopping.
  • Count calories for at least 18 days (taking off one week for birthday celebrations) - I tracked calories for 14 days this month so I'm calling that a win.  I'm still struggling on weekends but I am doing a little better. 
  • Go to at least one class per week that I am not teaching - I killed this goal!  I attended Body Pump twice, Turbo Kick, Zumba with Nikki and a 4 hour Zumba jam.  I also taught barre & Zumba Toning twice which was a nice switch up to my normal workouts
  • Lose 3 pounds - Done!!  I'm super happy with this because I ate a lot of cake, ice cream and pizza this month with my boys.
2. Read 20 books again (Read 3 books this year, Grade for Feb: B)
  • Finish 2 books ("Wonder" & "The Bell Jar") - Done!!  I loved them both!
  • Make progress on "Americanah" (read at least 5%) - I did not get this book in time to read it at all this month so I didn't make any progress. 
3. Watch 25 movies (Watched 5 movies this year, Grade for Feb: A+)
  • Watch 3 movies - We watched Transformers 2, Transformers 3 and Monsters vs Aliens this month.  We are working our way thru the Transformers series and the boys are loving it.
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian (2 dates this year, Grade for Feb: A+)
  • Text our sitter to set up Feb's date to see Chicago - Done!  We didn't love the play, but we loved a night out.  Even a bad night of theater is still a good night.
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans (Grade for Feb: B)
  • Sub at least twice each week - I subbed about 6 days this month which was a lot because I had sick kids, snow days and holidays to deal with.  I also subbed a few classes at the Y for a little extra money too.
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week - Adrian finished with about 12 hours of overtime this month, exactly where we want him every month.
  • Spend as little as possible - We did pretty well except for a few out of the ordinary expenses like a new tire for Adrian, both birthday parties and summer camps for all three boys.
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification (Grade for Feb: B)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - Done!!  It was awesome as always.
  • Upload all of the CEUs for the jams I have attended - Big fail on this one, didn't do it at all.
7. Clean out the house (Grade for Feb: A)
  • Spend 20 minutes each weekend going thru our loft - We did this 2 weeks this month and are making progress.  We will be converting it to a video game room for the boys.
  • Finish sorting thru our DVDs - Done!
8. Keep up an active blog (Grade for Feb: A+)
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday - Did this all 4 weeks and stuck to it most weeks, yay!
  • Week in review posts every Friday - Did this all 4weeks too and they were busy weeks
  • Blog about our Disney trip (I never had time to write these out) - I got fully caught up by writing 5 posts about our trip.  I'm glad I finally documented the trip.
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month - Currently doing it!
9. Play more board games (Grade for Feb: A+)
  • Have one family board game night - We didn't technically have a family board game night but we played a ton of games.  I played a few with Adrian and with the boys as well.  And he played with the boys.  I'm calling it a win because we used our games.
10. Improve my classes (Grade for Feb: A+)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - Done!  And once again I loved it.  I added one song already and will add two more that I learned.
  • Change ball exercise for Silver Sneakers classes - Done!  They are more challenging and my classes love them.
Here's what I'll be doing in March for these goals:

1. Lose 50 pounds
  • Meal plan each Sunday
  • Count calories for at least 21 days (taking off 10 days for birthday celebrations)
  • Go to at least one class per week that I am not teaching
  • Lose 4 pounds
2. Read 20 books again
  • Finish 2 books ("Double Fudge" & "Heart of the Matter")
  • Make progress on "Americanah" (read at least 10%)
3. Watch 25 movies
  • Watch 4 movies
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian
  • Go see "An American in Paris"
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans
  • Sub at least twice each week
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week
  • Spend as little as possible
  • File our taxes and use some of our refund towards a credit card
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Upload all of the CEUs for the jams I have attended
7. Clean out the house
  • Spend 20 minutes each weekend going thru our loft
8. Keep up an active blog
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday
  • Week in review posts every Friday
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month
9. Play more board game
  • Have one family board game night
10. Improve my classes
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Figure out alternating Tues/Thurs workouts

No comments:

Post a Comment