Monday, March 26, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 3/16 - 3/22)

Friday (3/16) We survived the week and made it to Friday!  This past week was a long and busy week and we did it all on very little sleep.  We got everyone up and out to school and work on time this morning, despite Daniel and I being up for a while overnight.  After I got everyone dropped off, I headed to run a bunch of errands to hopefully set us up for the next two weeks.  I went to the apple sale at Lynd's, Aldi, Meijer, Costco & Cooper's Hawk.  It took all morning and I was exhausted when I got home.  And then I had to unload and put away everything that I bought.  When I finally finished all of that, I got to work on catching up on stuff around the house that I wasn't able to do this past week.

Before I knew it, it was time for everyone to come home from school.  AJ's friends David came home with him today to "hang."  They informed me they are too old for play dates.  All four boys had fun playing together for about two hours before his mom came to pick him up.  Then my boys continued to play Minecraft together while I worked around the house for a bit.  Adrian got stuck at work super late so our dinner was really late and our evening plans for a family movie night were scraped.  We let the boys stay up playing a little later, then got everyone to bed.  I was so exhausted that I also went to bed early while Adrian stayed up watching the basketball tournament.  Hoping for a good night of sleep for everyone!

Saturday (3/17) Happy St Patrick's Day!  We don't really do anything to celebrate, other than wearing green if we remember.  We had plans this morning for Scouts and soccer for AJ and an egg hunt for the other boys.  But it all got cancelled when we got an ice storm overnight.  So we had a relaxing morning around the house together.  Adrian and I got some stuff done while the boys played.  We also had them finish up all of their homework since we have a super busy week starting tomorrow.

After lunch, I headed out to the Y for a Zumba jam session, my third one this year!  I'm having so much fun going and learning choreo every month and being with my ZIN friends.  This jam was no exception, a ton of fun and I learned a lot.  I even got some practice with a new to me rhythm, kizomba.  I probably won't be using it in class anytime soon, but it was fun to learn something new and my legs and hips were feeling the workout.  While I was at the jam, Adrian took the boys to get haircuts and to buy some green donuts from Krispy Kreme.  All four of them got their hair cut and they all look great!
 
I got home to dinner on the table which was awesome.  Adrian used the instant pot to cook messy lasagna again and it was so good!  I ate quickly and got changed to head out on a date with AJ to see the high school production of "The Sound of Music."  We both enjoyed the show, especially watching our friend (and babysitter) Ashley as one of the nuns.  While we were there, Adrian watched the OSU basketball game with the other boys.  Unfortunately they lost, but it was a great season for them!  And now we get to watch the rest of the games just for fun.  We all stayed up way later than we should have and fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.
Sunday (3/18) After the late night last night, we all slept in a little today.  Of course that meant we missed first service of church and with the boys swim schedule we can't do second service.  So we had a relaxing morning eating our Krispy Kreme donuts and then I headed into second service to volunteer in childcare.  I had a great time hanging out with the kids!  Then I came home for a quick lunch and to get a few things done before heading to the Y to meet everyone else there for swim lessons.

When I got there, AJ and Zak were done already.  Adrian took AJ and headed to soccer practice while Daniel got in the pool with Zak for about half an hour until it was time for his class.  Then we went to his lesson while Zak swam and I watched.  When Daniel was done, we all headed home, grabbed a quick snack and picked up AJ then headed to Martial Arts.  The boys did great practicing their hand strikes and participating in relay races.  When we finally got home, Adrian grilled steaks for dinner for us and we finished up a few things around the house.  Then we got the boys to bed and watched a little basketball before heading to bed before a very busy week.
 
 
Monday (3/19) One more week of school before spring break!  Everyone got up and out to school on time this morning.  I dropped everyone off, then came home to get a few things done around the house before heading to the Y to teach my Silver Sneakers class.  After class, I headed back to school to sub for the afternoon.  I have the same class every afternoon this week and I'm excited to work with them all week.  After school, I picked up the boys and we headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  After a fun class, we headed home to have a quick dinner before AJ headed out to Boy Scouts with Adrian.  He was super excited to share that he made rank tonight at Scouts!!  We're on to the next rank now.  We got everyone in bed, watched a few comedies and then headed to bed ourselves.  Pretty good start to our week!

Tuesday (3/20) We all got up and out to work and school on time again.  After I dropped everyone off, I headed to the Harcum Center to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  We have so much fun in these classes and I love how much I laugh with everyone.  After class, I headed to school to sub again in the afternoon.  When school was over, we headed out to bring a meal to our friends and then came home to eat a quick dinner - it was taco Tuesday, everyone's favorite!  When we were done with dinner, we headed to school to see Daniel and his classmates perform in the 3rd grade musical "Swamped."  He was the sound engineer and did a great job of starting and stopping the music before and after each song.  We are super proud of him for doing the musical as it is not his favorite thing.  But he did great, as did all of his class mates.  When it was over, we came home to have a quick snack and show and got the boys to bed before enjoying our own quick snack and show.
Wednesday (3/21) We were dragging but we managed to get up and out on time this morning.  After I dropped everyone at school I ran a few errands and then headed out to Harcum to observe a class for training to sub it in the near future.  I enjoyed seeing a different format and meeting some new members.  When class was over, I ran my last errands and then headed into school to sub again.  It's nice to be in the same class for a week, I'm getting to know the kids pretty well.  When school was over, I picked up the boys and we headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  I was tired, but I still had a great time dancing with my friends and celebrating Down Syndrome Awareness Day.
After class, we headed to drop another meal off to a different friend and then got home to deal with homework and dinner for my boys.  Adrian got stuck at work pretty late so I was on my own for most of the night.  The boys did a great job and were rewarded with some rare mid-week video game time.  Adrian got home just in time to help put them to bed, finish cleaning up the kitchen and then watch Survivor with me before we headed to bed too.

Thursday (3/22) Started a little rough for us.  We were all dragging in the morning and AJ's bus came early so he missed it.  He got to relax at home for about 40 minutes while Adrian got ready for work and then dropped him off at school on his way.  Then while I was getting the other boys ready for school Zak informed me that there "are way better mothers than you out there."  Because I was forcing him to wear shoes and socks to school.  He's right, I am a terrible mother.  Ha!  After I got them dropped off at school, things got better.  I went and taught my two Silver Sneakers classes and we laughed a lot.  Then I went in to the school to sub in the afternoon and we laughed a lot there too. 

When school was over, I picked up the boys and we went home to get ready for our busy night.  Unfortunately Adrian got stuck at work late so I had to cancel my Zumba class tonight.  But it actually made the night easier because we all ate together and then Adrian came home and picked up AJ and Daniel to take them to the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game.  While they were there, Zak and I went to Sonic for milkshakes and played a few games at home.  Everyone had a great night, although it was very late when they got home from watching the Jackets win.  We got them to sleep, finished up a few things around the house and headed to bed ourselves, hoping for a calmer morning tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment