Sunday, March 11, 2018

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Mar 11 - Mar 17)

We had another great week last week sticking to our plan.  We did veer off on Friday because I didn't feel like cooking so we ordered pizza.  We went to my brother's house on Saturday and enjoyed a delicious pasta dinner with him and my parents.  Then they all came over here today, which is why this post is so late tonight.  We had a big family dinner and I showed my brother and mom how awesome my instant pot is.  I roasted a full chicken in it and it was delicious!

This week is another busy one for us.  And it starts with us having overstocked refrigerators so we're starting with at least one day of leftovers, possibly two.  We have stuff from last week, pizza and stuff from tonight.  I do have chicken thighs out that I was supposed to cook on Friday night so I will make those tomorrow with some of the sides from today.  And then after Tuesday I will reevaluate where we are with leftovers.  If we're back in control, I'll follow this plan.  If we still have a bunch, I'll have a third night of leftovers and bump something to next week.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Roast Chicken, Brussels Sprouts Salad, Baked Ziti, Bacon Ranch Potatoes (from a box) and Roasted Asparagus and Peppers
Monday - Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs with leftover sides from today
Tuesday - Leftovers
Wednesday - Sausage Lentil Soup
Thursday - Fish Tacos
Friday - Out to dinner because the boys will be at parents night out at the high school
Saturday - Messy Lasagna - Adrian will be cooking because I have a Zumba jam until 5pm.  He made this and wants to make a few tweaks (using sausage instead of ground beef & adding a little more spices)

Water Flavor - Mango!  I'm so excited to have something different than orange.  I finally used them all up last week.  I have some limes I need to use, but I'm going to take a break from citrus for a week and pick up some mint to go with the limes for the next week or two.

Overnight Oats - I already have these set up for the week.  I used my normal recipe and then added flavors to it.  I did one batch of regular which I will add strawberries to in the mornings, two batches of banana chocolate chip, two batches of apple pie and two batches of chocolate with butterscotch chips.  We should have enough for this week because we didn't eat them today.  I made chocolate chip pancakes for the family instead and they were delicious!!

Use it Up - This week is all about leftovers.  I also used up all of an open box of pancake mix today as well as two boxes and bacon ranch potatoes that I got for free over the holidays and didn't know when I would be able to use.  Other than that, I'm also not buying any fruit in an effort to use up what I have.  And I have some celery that I need to use which will go into the soup on Wednesday and then I hope to use the rest as snacks since I don't have a lot of fruit.

Lunches - I hard boiled eggs and made protein ranch dressing so I can have salads all week.  I also have some chicken left over from today that I will probably throw in salad all week.  And some taco meat that I will use up if no one else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment