Monday, February 26, 2018

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 2/16 - 2/22)

Friday (2/16) The boys are off from school today for the long President's Day weekend and it could not come at a better time!  We all slept in this morning, even Adrian went to work a little later.  The boys and I had a lazy start to our morning, they played some video games while I got a few things done.  Then we decided to just run a few errands today since Daniel and Zak had some money and gift cards to spend.  We went to Game Stop and Target and I also made them go with me to the Lynd's apple sale.  They spent all of their money and got two new video games and 5 new Beyblades.
When we got home, they opened all of their new Beyblades while I got ready to go sub a Zumba Toning class at the Y.  Adrian was able to leave work early so he stayed with the boys while I taught and then biked for a few with one of my friends.  I came home and we all had dinner together and then the boys decided they wanted to finish watching the video game they were watching and postpone family movie night until tomorrow.  So Adrian and I played "Pandemic" while they watched.  Since we lost, again, I wanted a rematch right away.  But we decided to put the boys to bed first and then we played again and we finally won!  After the game, we finished cleaning up, watched a little Olympics and headed to bed.

Saturday (2/17) Started early for me because I got sucked into figure skating last night and stayed up way later than I should have watching the Olympics.  But I got up and moving and headed to the Y to take TurboKick and Zumba with my friends.  I felt great after both classes, if a little tired.  Then I came home and got ready to head up to Carl's house for Isabelle's birthday party.  Unfortunately AJ threw up again so he and Adrian stayed home while the rest of us went to the party.  We had a great time celebrating, the boys especially enjoyed the bounce house in the basement.  They played and I chatted with adults and we stayed way longer than we thought we would.  It was a great afternoon!
When we got home, Adrian thankfully had pasta ready for us for dinner because we were all hungry.  We ate quickly, did a quick clean up and then settled in for family movie night.  We watched Daniel's pick of Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon.  It was pretty good, much better than the second movie in the series.  AJ and Daniel of course loved it and can't wait to watch the 4th movie.  The movie was over super late so we got the boys to bed and quickly got our snacks ready.  We watched two comedies and then headed to bed after a long day.

Sunday (2/18) We all slept in this morning thankfully, some of us later than others.  We all slept too late for church so we missed again this week.  We are bummed because we miss going but also know we need the rest.  We will do better next weekend for sure!  I got to work on my to do list as soon as I got up while the boys played video games.  After lunch, Adrian took them to their swim lessons at the Y while I stayed home and got a few things done before heading to the church to work for a few hours.  Unfortunately, the group did not show up so I headed back home after about 45 minutes.

Adrian then took the boys to their martial arts class where they had a great time.  They love that class and I'm so glad we are able to make it work in our schedule.  When they got home, we all had dinner and then AJ worked on his board game project for school while Adrian and Zak worked on his Pinewood Derby car.  I worked around the house and Daniel played while everyone worked.  Soon it was time for the boys to have snack, show and bed so Adrian and I could also finish up our night.  The weekend went too quick but we are thankful to have tomorrow off from most of our regular schedule to catch up and relax a little.

Monday (2/19) Since it's President's Day, there was no school and no work for Adrian today so we all got to sleep in today.  I got a great night of sleep and feel rested for the first time in February!  Daniel and I needed to get up and moving because we both had things to do today.  He had a play date at COSI with one of his friends from class today.  The two of them had a blast seeing the different exhibits including the dinosaurs, gadgets, imaginarium and ocean.  Daniel said it was the best day!  I'm glad he was able to go and what a fun way to celebrate his birthday with a friend who couldn't make his party.
 
 
While Daniel was at COSI, the rest of us were home.  I had to teach my two classes at the Y, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  In between those two classes I finished up my to do list around the house.  Adrian helped AJ finish up his board game project for school and Zak make his Pinewood Derby car.  It was a productive and relaxing day for all of us.  Even though it rained most of the day, Adrian was able to get outside to grill steaks for us for dinner and they were delicious!  I felt bad because the boys wanted to go outside to play but our yard is a swampy mess so we told them they couldn't today.  We got the boys to bed close to their normal bedtime and Adrian and I watched a comedy from our DVR and then watched the ice dancing finals in the Olympics.  Great day off for all of us!!

Tuesday (2/20) Today started a little later than we normally do because Adrian drove AJ to school today with his game board for his ELA project.  I helped them get out on time and then got the other boys ready for school.  After I dropped them off at school, I went and taught my two Silver Sneakers classes and then headed to the store to do my grocery shopping for the week.  I did all four stores in just under two hours and then came home and had to put it all away.  I picked up the boys when school was over and we had a relaxing evening together.  We had tacos for dinner and made sure all of their homework was done with Adrian was at basketball practice with his team.  When he came home, I ran out to a Cub Scout meeting to pick up a few things and then came home to do bedtime with everyone.  Adrian and I watched a little TV and then headed to bed for the night.  Not our most exciting day but happy to be back to our routine.
Wednesday (2/21) Everyone got up and out to school on time again today and after I got everyone where they needed to be, I took Adrian's car to get an oil change.  He was very overdue and we kept forgetting about it so it was a priority today.  I was in and out pretty quickly and then I ran a few quick errands that I didn't get to yesterday & headed into Zak's class to volunteer.  I quickly assessed how high each student can count and then headed out to my afternoon sub assignment.  The teacher had a meeting so she finished early and I was sent to help out in music classes for the rest of the day.  I ended up being Zak's music teacher that afternoon!
After school, we headed out quickly to get to the Y for my afternoon Zumba class.  I had a ton of fun with the class as always!  Then we headed home to have dinner and finish up homework while Adrian was at his Bible study group.  He came home just in time to help get the kids to bed and help me finish cleaning up the kitchen.  Then we sat down and watched a few shows and headed to bed.  These short weeks always feel so long!!
Thursday (2/22) We got AJ up and out to the bus on time and Adrian left for work.  I got the other boys ready for school and as I was in line to drop them off, I got a phone call that there was a shooting threat at Central Middle School & a student was in custody because of the threat.  It was super hard for me to drop the boys off at school, but I did it.  I had a good cry on my way to work because I was scared and upset about what was happening.  AJ goes to school right next door to Central.  He rides the bus with kids from Central.  He could have been on the bus with a kid with a gun (thank God he wasn't!)

I pulled it together and taught my two Silver Sneakers classes and then headed into the school to sub music classes for the afternoon.  I had to deal with questions about the threat at Central as a teacher & try to hold it together as both a parent and a teacher.  It was rough!  When the day ended, I hugged my two boys at that school and we headed home where I hugged my third boy.  I had conversations with both AJ and Daniel about what was going on and then left to teach a Zumba class and cried again on the drive to class.

I again pulled it together to teach the class and then headed back to school for a meeting about the gifted program.  I learned a little more about how the program works and how AJ and Daniel (and Zak if he's identified as well) will progress through the district all the way until graduation.  Then I ran home so Adrian could go have a parent teacher conference with Zak's teacher.  He is struggling with some things and I wanted Adrian to hear it from the teacher, not only second hand from me.  It was a rough day all around and I was happy to be able to tuck my three boys into bed that night and then follow them soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment