Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Keeping Up With...2018 Goals (Jan Recap & Feb Goals)

The first month of the year is over and I have had a little time to reflect on the past month.  All in all it went pretty good.  As I mentioned, my theme for this year is getting healthy and getting out of debt.  I have started making decisions based on these two goals and it is working to keep me focused on what is important to say yes to and what I should pass up.  Here's how I did on my goals the past month with some of my comments as well as grades for each goal and what my plans are for Feb
 
1. Lose 50 pounds (So far lost 6 lbs, Grade for Jan: A+)
  • Meal plan each Sunday - I did this each week and wrote a blog post about it.  It has helped a lot to eat healthy and stay on a budget for grocery shopping.
  • Count calories every day starting Jan 2 - I tracked for 28 of the 30 days this month and was under my calorie goal for all of them.  I'm super proud of myself for that one!
  • Go to at least one class per week that I am not teaching - I went to 6 classes this month that I wasn't teaching - Zumba Surf & Turf, Sprint (twice), Zumba jam and Body Pump (twice).  This is big progress for me & I'm hoping to keep this momentum going!
  • Lose 4 pounds - I lost 6 pounds this month, a little over 1 pound per week which is my goal!
2. Read 20 books again (So far read 1 book, Grade for Jan: C)
  • Finish 2 books ("Super Fudge" & "The Bell Jar") - I got a little off track with this one.  I did finish "Super Fudge" but I never got "The Bell Jar" from the library.  I also started a new book "Heart of the Manner" but only made it about 25% before it was due back to the library.  And I got "Wonder" as well on the last day of the month but didn't start it.  I have a lot of work to do to get to 20 books this year!
  • Make progress on "Americanah" - I have read 55% so far, I made good progress on this waiting for other books to be available from the library.
3. Watch 25 movies (So far saw 2 movies, Grade for Jan: A-)
  • Watch 3 movies - We watched 2 movies - Transformers and Pixels.  Adrian and I didn't have a date night movie night this month because we just didn't feel like watching anything.  We chose to try to dig out of our DVR hole instead, so many TV shows!
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian (So far 1 date, Grade for Jan: A+)
  • Text our sitter to set up Jan's date early next week - Done!  We had a great date in Jan, dinner, drinks and shopping.  It was relaxing and exactly what we needed!
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans (Grade for Jan: C)
  • Sub at least twice each week - I was only able to sub for about 3.5 days in Jan.  We had a lot of days off and I had a lot to catch up on around the house which prevented me from taking some days
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week - Adrian was able to work 6 hours of overtime this month, again this was not as much as we wanted because of weather, holidays and days off.
  • Spend as little as possible - This took a huge hit when we need to replace our water heater.  We are hoping to get a tax refund that will pay this off.  It stinks to have a plan and then have something out of our control derail it.  But we're moving on and hoping that is the only unexpected expense this year.
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification (Grade for Jan: A-)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - Done.  It was fantastic, loved all of the choreo!
  • Figure out how to upload all of the CEUs I already have - During my annual review I had my boss show me so I think I know how to do this now.
7. Clean out the house (Grade for Jan: A-)
  • Spend 20 minutes each weekend going thru our DVD collection (because it's everywhere!) - We did this 3 of the 4 weekends this month, the other weekend we chose to put away all of our Christmas decorations.  We need about one more session to finish this up.
  • Moving to our loft (which has become a dumping ground for everything) when DVDs are done - Didn't finish the DVDs so we didn't start this.
8. Keep up an active blog (Grade for Jan: A+)
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday - Did all 4 weeks for this
  • Week in review posts every Friday - Did all 4 weeks for this
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month - Doing this now
9. Play more board games (So far 0 family game nights, Grade for Jan: F)
  • Have one family board game night - We didn't do this in Jan.  We need to be better about this one for sure!
10. Improve my classes (Grade for Jan: A+)
  • Attend one Zumba jam session - Done!  My students are loving the new songs.
  • Change warm up/body weight sections for Silver Sneakers classes - Done!  My students have a love/hate relationship with the new exercises, but they love that I mix it up to challenge them!
  •  
1. Lose 50 pounds
  • Meal plan each Sunday
  • Count calories for at least 18 days (taking off one week for birthday celebrations)
  • Go to at least one class per week that I am not teaching
  • Lose 3 pounds
2. Read 20 books again
  • Finish 2 books ("Wonder" & "The Bell Jar")
  • Make progress on "Americanah" (read at least 5%)
3. Watch 25 movies
  • Watch 3 movies
4. Go on 12 dates with Adrian
  • Text our sitter to set up Feb's date to see Chicago
5. Pay off 1 credit card and my student loans
  • Sub at least twice each week
  • Help Adrian work at least 3 hours of OT each week
  • Spend as little as possible
6. Finish my CEUs for my YMCA certification
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Upload all of the CEUs for the jams I have attended
7. Clean out the house
  • Spend 20 minutes each weekend going thru our loft
  • Finish sorting thru our DVDs
8. Keep up an active blog
  • Meal plan posts every Sunday
  • Week in review posts every Friday
  • Blog about our Disney trip (I never had time to write these out)
  • Monthly goal posts the last day of the month
9. Play more board games
  • Have one family board game night
10. Improve my classes
  • Attend one Zumba jam session
  • Change ball exercise for Silver Sneakers classes

No comments:

Post a Comment