Friday, November 4, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (10/19 - 11/1)

So it's funny that this is now a recap of two weeks of workouts instead of only one.  When I sat down to think about what I wanted to talk about last week I was thinking about how disruptions in my everyday life cause disruptions to my workouts.   This is not surprising but I was thinking about how I deal with these disruptions.  Sometimes it sends me completely off course.  Other times I suck it up and keep going.
Here are some examples of disruptions that happened and how I handled them:
- Friday early morning power outage resulting in less sleep & a 2 hour delay for the boys.  I got a sub for my Zumba class.  Then chose not to work out all day & eat badly...all weekend  (Way off course!)
- Monday morning last minute cancellation of preschool for Zak.  I chose to wake him up anyway and go to the Barre class I've been taking.  (Kept going!)
- Saturday night trick or treating goes long & I end up really hungry.  Plus my friend gave me wine.  I chose to blow off healthy eating for the rest of the day & the next 3 days. (Off course!)
- Two of my classes had no students show up this week.  I chose to cancel class & run errands instead of working out.  I had other classes both days so I would still get a workout in (Kept going)
- Stayed up too late watching sports.  I'm choosing to get up anyway most mornings.  Although that's not really for working out, that's to make sure everyone gets to school. (Kept going)
- Plantar fasciitis flare up.  My left foot hurts so bad.  I'm going to ART (Active Release Therapy) at my chiropractor and stretching a lot.  And I'm just dealing with the pain. (Kept going)
- A T Rex showed up for my class.  I (of course) taught anyway.  And laughed A LOT!
 

I know life is going to happen.  It happens to all of us all the time.  And with 3 kids and a busy schedule I know disruptions will continue to happen.  Some of these I made good choices.  Some of them I wish I did differently.  Mostly I wish both times I got off course I didn't veer so far off that I was off for a few days.  This is something I will be working on the next few months.

Thanks for listening to me ramble!  Sometimes it is helpful to me to type it all out and make a plan for going forward.  Now, on to my workouts for the past 2 weeks:

Wednesday (10/19) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class
Thursday (10/20) - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, taught a 1 hour Zumba class, taught a 1 hour cardio dance class and did a 15 minute core workout
Friday (10/21) - Unplanned rest day.  Walked back and forth from school, practiced a new Zumba Toning song & walked around for about 30 minutes with the family at trunk or treat
Saturday (10/22) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class, walked around various Halloween events with the family for at least 2 hours
Sunday (10/23) - Rest Day!  Walked around the living room for 10 minutes to keep my streak going
Monday (10/24) - Took a 1 hour Barre class, taught a 1 hour Zumba class and taught a 1 hour Zumba Gold class
Tuesday (10/25) - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, taught a 1 hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school for pick up
Wednesday (10/26) - Taught two 1 hour Zumba classes
Thursday (10/27) - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, taught a 1 hour Zumba class and taught a 1 hour cardio dance class
Friday (10/28) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class, walked around in the dark forest with the family for about 1 hour at the Boy Scout Monster Mash and walked back and forth from school for pick up
Saturday (10/29) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class, walked around in the corn maze with the family for about 2 hours and walked around trick or treating with family & friends for about 90 minutes
Sunday (10/30) - Rest Day!  Practiced my new Zumba song (salsa!) for about 15 minutes
Monday (10/31) - Took a 1 hour Barre class, taught a 50 minute Zumba class & walked around trick or treating with the family for about 90 minutes
Tuesday (11/1) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class (no one showed for Silver Sneakers that morning)

I did weigh in last week and I had maintained, as always the weekend did me in.  Then I weighed in this week and after eating candy for pretty much breakfast, lunch and dinner, I was not shocked to see I gained 3 lbs.  I'm hoping to get those off before Thanksgiving then go into maintain for the holidays.  I really need to get my weekends under control.  It's so hard when I don't have my normal schedule!!  This weekend I have Barre training so look for a full review of that and the classes I've been taking next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment