Sunday, November 27, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 11/28 - 12/4)

Our Thanksgiving feast was a success!!  And we have eaten leftovers all weekend and still have a bunch.  Everything came out awesome and even the boys "didn't hate" the food.  They all ate turkey, stuffing and bread.  And they of course loved dessert, turkey cookies and Oreo ice cream cake.

Now we have 3 weeks of normal life before we are on Christmas break.  I'm planning to get back to healthy eating as much as possible these 3 weeks.  I made a plan for this week but I'll have to see where we are with leftovers in the next day or two.  I may need to push a meal or two and have leftovers again this week.

I'm hoping I get to cook a little this week though because I'm getting my new stove on Tuesday!  One of our burners have been out for like 4 months and I have been getting by with only 3.  I know the second one is going to go out soon so we bit the bullet and bought a new one.  We also got a new deep freeze, since that's what we actually went out shopping for.  They will both be delivered and set up on Tuesday, I can't wait!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Chicken Nachos - never made this last week
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Sausage & Black Eyed Peas - bumped these from last week too, I just didn't feel like cooking much last week
Thursday - Turkey Soup - to use up all of the rest of the leftover turkey meat
Friday - Pork Loin with Saurkraut and any leftover Thanksgiving sides
Saturday - Pesto Shrimp over linguine - with my homemade pesto frozen from this summer
Sunday - Out to Red Robin as part of our family day

Water Flavor - Orange Mint

Food Prep - I have lots of leftovers in the fridge so that's about all the prep I'm doing this weekend.  That will get us lunches for the week and some of the sides for the week as well.  I have all the ingredients I need for Monday and Tuesday, plus my shopping list and plan for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment