Monday, October 31, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 10/31 - 11/6)

Another busy week is starting over here and I'm trying to figure out how to eat mostly healthy and mostly at home.  We have some extra things this week so it will be challenging but not impossible.  I did pretty good last week sticking to my plan until the weekend.  We got home later than we expected from trick or treating on Saturday night and were tired and a little buzzed.  So instead of the planned dinner, we ran to Meijer to grab some appetizers from the freezer section.  Those were dinner for both Saturday and Sunday.

So far I'm doing pretty good keeping up with my new freezer system that I started last week.  I'm using what I have, not buying any more.  And I know what I have, which is half the battle.  It's nice to have it on a spreadsheet (because I'm an Excel geek at heart) instead of having to rummage around in three different freezers trying to find something.  I'm hoping I can keep this system up!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Pizza - Happy Halloween
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Harvest Chicken Skillet (carryover from last week)
Thursday - Ravioli with homemade sauce from the freezer (carryover from last week)
Friday - Beef Roast from the freezer with veggies & gravy in the crock pot with Beets & Sweets
Saturday - Either leftovers or out - I'm at Barre training all day (yay!!)
Sunday - Turkey Breast with roasted patty pan squash (one of my new favorite veggies that I discovered thanks to our CSA this summer)

Water Flavor - Apple Parsley.  I love the taste of parsley in the water, and I had just a little bit left over from my last CSA bag.  I have a ton of apples so I'll probably be using them a lot!

Food Prep - Again, I didn't do much for this over the weekend.  We were very busy celebrating Halloween and catching up on stuff around the house.  I have all the groceries I need for all of the meals except Sunday so that's a plus.  I also set up the water for the week and ordered tomorrow's pizza.  I guess that's a pretty good start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment