Monday, November 21, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 11/9 - 11/22)

I missed a week again so this is a two week recap of my workouts.  Again, I wanted to write last week but it just didn't come to fruition.  I'm hoping this weekend to get caught up on life and stay there.  But December is just around the corner and we all know things go crazy that month.

I am always telling students and friends to do measurements when they are frustrated with their weight not moving.  Yet I have never actually done them myself.  I really wish I had my measurements from when I started, I think it would be startling to see how many inches I have lost over the past 6 years.  But I did take them about a year ago for a challenge I did.  And then I never did them again.  I found those initial measurements the other day and decided it was time to see where I am now.  It was nearly a year so I decided to wait until it was exactly a year.  I did all of my measurements and here is what I found:
Chest - lost 1 1/2 inches
Arms - stayed the same
Waist - lost 1 1/2 inches
Hips - lost 1 inch
Thighs - stayed the same
Neck - stayed the same

I'm not going to lie.  I was pretty pissed to see I've only lost about 4 inches in a year.  I feel like I lost way more than that.  Then I looked at my weight.  And I weigh the exact same as I did this time last year.  So I think that is pretty great now.  I'm thrilled that while I weigh the same, I am "slimmer."  I also don't know exactly "where" I measured last year, it's been a full year, so I could be measuring in different places and throwing off my numbers.  I plan to take measurements every month now and will keep you updated.  I'm hoping to continue to see a downward trend.


Things on the workout front have been pretty typical around here.  I have been feeling really tired and run down recently so I'm taking some time to rest more.  My schedule is lightening up starting this week and I don't plan to add anything to it until Jan.  I will be joining Pure Barre for the month of Dec so I can take as many classes as possible to learn before I start teaching in Jan.  Also, I am continuing my exercise streak, today is day 197.  I plan to hit 200 on Friday, as long as I motivate myself to exercise on Thanksgiving.  My next goal will be 250 to get me through the busy Christmas season.

Here's what I've done the past 2 weeks:
Wednesday (11/9) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class
Thursday (11/10) - Taught two 1 hour Zumba classes and walked back and forth from school for pick up
Friday (11/11) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class
Saturday (11/12) - Unplanned rest day - No one showed up for my class so I practiced my new Zumba song for about 10 minutes
Sunday (11/13) - Rest Day - Practiced Zumba for about 10 minutes and did some light walking as well
Monday (11/14) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Gold class, taught a 1 hour Zumba class and took a 1 hour Barre class
Tuesday (11/15) - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, taught a 1 hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school for pick up
Wednesday (11/16) - Taught two 1 hour Zumba classes and walked back and forth from school for pick up
Thursday (11/17) - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, taught two 1 hour Zumba classes and walked back and forth from school for pick up
Friday (11/18) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba class and did a lot of walking at NCH for AJ's GI appointment
Saturday (11/19) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Toning class, did a 15 minute core workout and played soccer with Zak for his hour long class
Sunday (11/20) - Rest Day - Walked around the kitchen/living room for about 10 minutes to keep the streak going.  Plus I did 5 loads of laundry, that should count for something!
Monday (11/21) - Taught a 1 hour Zumba Gold class and taught a 1 hour Zumba class
Tuesday (11/22) - Rest Day - Played some XBox Kinect Party with Zak and practiced my Christmas arm song for Zumba

I did weigh in last week and I lost 2 pounds!!  I was very surprised because my eating has not been great, but I was thrilled.  Looking back, there was a lot of exercise that week so I'm sure that's why I had a nice loss.  I weighed in again this morning and I gained those 2 pounds back, LOL!  I'm not surprised as I have been eating a lot.  I am in my "maintain" phase of the year so I know where I'm at now and I'm hoping to stay here until the New Year.  I actually don't have a lot on my calendar so I may be OK to get thru the holidays, if I stay out of my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment