Somehow two months flew by and I never did a Sept update on my goals. If you are reading my weekly recaps, you have seen how busy we are so you're probably not surprised that I haven't had time to update. I went back and forth about doing two separate posts but I feel like it's better if I just do one. I'm hoping I remember everything we did in these two months!
Here's how I'm doing after 10 months. I have
broken them down into three categories (on-going, one time and
it's easier for me to update. The goals are in black and my current
month comments are in red.
1. Lose 40 pounds - one for each year - Lost
of the 40 lbs. I know this goal is not attainable at this point. I'm hoping to get to 20 lbs lost but even that seems unlikely with the holidays looming. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm a little disappointed I haven't lost more but at the same time I'm really proud of all I'm doing.
2. Read 12 books - I was so close last year! - Read
11 of the 12. I finished 1 book in these two months, "The Diary of a Young Girl" by Anne Frank. I have read it in the past but was eager to reread it and it did not disappoint. So upsetting! I'm continuing on this list of 50 books this month and am about half way thru the current book I'm reading. I don't see any reason why I won't hit this goal.
3. Go on 12 dates with Adrian - Went
the 12!! We had one date night in Sept, we went out to dinner and to do some shopping. We didn't get a date night in Oct, we just had too much going on. We have one scheduled for Nov and I'm hoping to go early in Dec as well.
4. Get rid of 12 bags of stuff - I
got rid of 3 giant boxes of stuff that was in our garage. I was going to sell it but after a year of it sitting there I decided to just donate it. I still haven't touched the playroom but I'm assuming I'll have a bunch of stuff once I motivate myself to clean that room out. 13 of the 12 bags are gone.
5. Take 1 picture every day for the year - Up to date on this 305 of 366. You can see them here.
6. Go on 2 special dates with AJ - Went
on 2 out of 2. I took AJ & Daniel to see James & the Giant Peach at the Columbus Children's Theater. We had a nice time watching the show then went to Menchie's for ice cream on the way home.
7. Go on 2 special dates with Daniel - Went on 2 out of 2. See above
8. Go on 2 special dates with Zak - Went
on 1 out of 2. Zak and I need to pick another fun date to do soon. He did get to go mini golfing with Dad while I took the older boys out.
9. Do a 365 day exercise streak - 175
days of 365 for take 2 at this streak. So far I've exercised every day
from May 10th through Oct 31st. My next mini goal in this is to hit 200 days, only 25 more to go so I should hit that in Nov!
10. Finish the 30 Day Shred - Did 0 days of 30 - I need to get started on this one!
11. Attend one class each week that isn't mine - Did
this 19 weeks out of 52. I slacked off on this big time in Sept because I was teaching so many classes. They slowed down a little in Oct so I started back up and Nov should be even better.
12. Teach an average of 5 classes each week - Did
this 38 weeks out of 52. I easily was over 5 classes each week in both Sept and Oct. I've been teaching 8-9 classes most weeks. I had to get a sub for a few classes in Sept because AJ was sick, but I was still over 5 classes that week.
13. Menu plan and prep our dinners each week - Did
this 33 weeks out of 52. I planned most weeks in these two months, other than when we were just eating whatever we could from the deep freeze trying to defrost it.
14. Go to church every Sunday - Did this 31 weeks out of 52.
I missed 1 week in Sept because of B2 training for Zumba. We also missed a week when we went camping.
15. Do one blog post each week - I did 15 posts in Sept & 8 in Oct, easily one per week. I hope you're enjoying all of my posts!
16. Pay off our Best Buy card and not incur any new debt - The
Best Buy card is payed off!! We bought the new car so that counts as
new debt and we invested in a costly (not insurance covered) therapy for
AJ so that also created some new debt. We have a plan for paying the
therapy off and I feel good about where we are.
17. Have a family board game night once per month - Did
this 10 out of 12 months
18. Have a family movie night once per month - Did
this 10 out of 12 months (Inside Out, Charlie Brown Valentine's special,
Justice League Frost Fight, Big Hero 6, Star Wars, Avengers, Pokemon movie, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, The Angry Birds Movie)
19. Have a family video game night once per month - Did this 10 out of 12 months
20. Go to 4 Zumba jams this year - Went
to my 3 out of 4 and I loved every minute of it!
21. Make one homemade breakfast for us each month - I did not do this again in Sept. In October I did make bacon and egg sandwiches for us one morning. Does that count?
22. Go zip lining
23. Go on a family hike in Hocking Hills
24. Host an alcohol exchange with my girl friends
25. Power wash and stain our play set
26. Renovate our downstairs bathroom
27. Conquer the Lynd's corn maze in the fall - Done! We loved this year's theme of American Revolutionary War Spies
28. Renew our Zoombeezi Bay passes and go at least once every other week over the summer - I
renewed our passes this summer and we went four times this
summer. We had planned to go to Boo at the Zoo but it rained so we couldn't go.
29. Go to Dollywood - We
will not be doing this one. We decided between the heat, the cost and
the fact that there was more than enough to do in TN we would not invest
in this on our recent trip to TN. It will stay on the bucket list for
30. Go on a family trip to Tennessee - Done!!
31. See 2 movies that aren't animated - Done!! I've actually seen 3 - "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," "Ant Man" & "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
32. Go on family camping trip - Done!
NJ was a camping trip and we survived 8 nights in the tent. Not sure
if we'll get to do another one or not this fall, will have to see how
our schedule pans out.
33. Go on a family trip to NJ - Done!! You can read part 1 and part 2 of the recap and part 3 should be up this week. Spoiler Alert - It was an amazing week, we had a blast!!
34. Go to Six Flags Great Adventure - Done! I rode El Toro & The Joker, I was a happy ride warrior.
35. Do something special to celebrate mine & Adrian's 10 year wedding anniversary
- We bought a new car. :) We also had a very nice date night where we
bought new dishes and went back to Carrabba's, the restaurant we went
to for our first date. We were hoping to do something a little bigger,
but 3 vacations & a new car in the same year seems like enough.
36. Go on a family trip to Dallas - Done! You can read about it here, here, here and here.
37. Get 1 fitness certification - Done!!
Got Silver Sneakers Classic & Silver Sneakers Circuit in March.
Also got Zumba Gold in May. Going above & beyond on this
38. Go to the doctor for routine check up and tests - Done!
Did my physical, pap, blood work & mammogram in March. Everything
looks great, I'm supposed to keep doing what I'm doing!
39. Tour Dallas Cowboys stadium - Done,
sort of. It was actually closed for the guided tours while we were
there. But we drove around it, took some pictures & went in the Pro
Shop. I'm considering it done.
40. Go to Six Flags Over Texas - Done! Also hit Six Flags St Louis, loved that park