Monday, November 21, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 11/21 - 11/27)

I can't believe I'm already planning another Thanksgiving dinner.  It seems like I just did this.  But this year is a little different since I am only cooking for the 5 of us.  The extended family all has other plans so we are on our own this year.  It's weird not to be planning for a house full of people.  On the other hand, I'm excited to have a day to just chill out.  I plan to spend the day in my pajamas, watching football, hanging with my guys, cooking & eating.  Plus maybe starting some Christmas shopping.

We thought we'd do a smaller meal since it's just us, but that idea has gone out the window because we want all of the traditional dishes.  So I'll cook a big meal on Thursday and then I don't plan to cook again for the rest of the weekend.  I finished up my shopping today and got some frozen appetizers as well so we can mix those in with the Thanksgiving leftovers.

Last week didn't go according to plan.  I wasn't feeling well towards the end of the week.  Not sure what was going on but I'm feeling better now.  I didn't cook on Thursday night (leftovers) or Friday night (we went out since we had a sitter) or Sunday night (leftovers again).  So a lot of our meals are carryovers from last week.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Chicken & Bean Bake with Roasted Squash
Tuesday - Sausage & Black Eyed Peas with Kale Chips
Wednesday - Chicken Nachos with Salad
Thursday - Thanksgiving Menu (see below)
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Leftovers
Sunday - Leftovers

Thanksgiving Menu:
French Toast for Breakfast
Turkey
Gravy (from a jar, I'm lazy)
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Green Beans
Homemade Applesauce
Bread
Sausage Stuffing
Spicy Zucchini Boats
Butternut Squash Quinoa Bake
Ice Cream Cake
Turkey Cookies

Water Flavor - Lemon Mint - I figure this will be good for "cleaning out" the bad stuff as I eat it

Food Prep - I have the beans soaked & ready to go for dinner tonight.  All of the shopping was finished this morning.  The turkey is thawing in the fridge.  The boys will help me make the cookies tomorrow.  I think I'm good to go, especially since this week isn't very busy.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!  Please feel free to share any of your favorite recipes for the big day, I may add them to my menu for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment