Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (11/2 - 11/8)

As I mentioned last week, I had Barre training this past Saturday and it was awesome!  I have been going to a lot of trainings and this was probably the best one I've been too.  I learned so much in such a short time.  And the way the training and the program are structured I feel very ready to start instructing classes (with a LOT of practice).  But I feel like even though it is a new program for me, I am fully equipped and ready to go.

My plan is to go to as many Barre classes around town as I can in the next 2 months.  And I also want to get to some Yoga classes as there is a Yoga component to the class.  I want to learn as much as I can from other instructors and start getting my class together.  I talked to one of my group fitness directors and we are hoping to do a few demo classes in December and then hopefully add the class to the schedule in January.
My other take away from this class was that I really need to do more strength training.  I was very sore after the training (to be expected).  But there were also some moves that I struggled with.  And there are some moves that I flat out can't do.  Now there is no rule that says I have to do them, but I still feel like I work on getting to that point.  My teaching schedule is changing next month (less classes) and I am really going to focus on getting to strength classes, like Barre, Yoga, Pilates, Muscle Conditioning, Body Pump, etc.

Other than training, it's been a pretty normal week.  Unlike last week, mostly everything went according to plan.  I always like it when that happens!  Here's what I did last week:
Wednesday - Taught 1 one hour Zumba class
Thursday - Taught 2 one hour Zumba classes
Friday - Taught a one hour Zumba Gold class and walked back and forth from school
Saturday - Barre training for 9 hours!
Sunday - Walked around the expo center for around 6 hours.  Lots of standing and walking and standing and walking.  I was exhausted!
Monday - Taught a one hour Zumba Gold class & a one hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school
Tuesday - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class & a one hour Zumba Gold class

I haven't updated on this so I thought I would mention that my exercise streak is up to 184 days!  My goal is to make it 365 days.  But after I had to break it once, I now have little goals.  My next goal is coming up soon, 200 days straight.  That will be in just over 2 weeks, yay!

I didn't want to weigh in this morning.  My eating since Sat night has not bee good.  And last night I ate my feelings and anxiety while watching the election results.  Plus I had a burger, fries and milk shake for lunch yesterday since the kids were off from school and they begged me to take them to Steak N Shake.  But I did it anyway to stay accountable.  I was shocked to see a loss of 3 lbs putting me back to my pre-Halloween weight.  I was seriously shocked!  Plus I was fully dressed so I may have even seen a bigger loss.  I'm hoping to do better with my eating this week and see another loss next week.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment