Sunday, November 13, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 11/14 - 11/20)

I had every intention of writing a menu plan post last week.  I even set it up with the title and a picture of our food from the week before:
But we were out most of Saturday and Sunday last week and I was really just trying to get the stuff that was "on fire" done so we could function for the week.  But I did plan our meals for last week and the past two weeks I have been pretty on point cooking what I planned.  The only meal I didn't cook last week was Friday night's dinner because we got free pizza instead.

This week AJ had to plan one of our meals for one of his Boy Scout badges.  He decided we should all have tacos.  He helped me make the list and we stayed under our budget for the meal.  I'm hoping he can help Adrian cook them on Tuesday as well.

We are officially out of all of our CSA vegetables so I need to start buying my own again.  This isn't really a big deal, I just need to remember to plan for veggies as well.  The past six months I have just been using whatever veggies we have to fill out our meals.  So you may see some more planning of both main dishes and side dishes.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Mexican Turkey Soup with Salad (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday (AJ's planned meal)
Wednesday - Peanut Chicken with Rice
Thursday - Butternut Squash Quinoa Bake with Roasted Squash
Friday - Chicken & Bean Bake with Salad
Saturday - Pizza for my brother's birthday!
Sunday - Leftovers or out

Water Flavor - Cucumber Mint

Meal Prep - I set up the water, made Ranch dressing for my lunch salads and hard boiled some eggs.  I also made the food shopping list and have a plan for when to go to the stores.  And I have the turkey off the bone and chopped ready to go in the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment