Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 1/5 - 1/13)

Last week I shared some of my fitness goals for this year.  The past week, I kicked butt on all of them!  I had a great week despite the weather cancelling two of my Zumba classes and it not being a great time of the month for me.  ;)  I stayed under my calorie goal everyday except for Saturday.  And even though that was an  "eat all the things" kind of day, I didn't actually eat all that much. 

Here's the quick rundown of my week:

Monday, 1/5 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did 15 minutes of Plyometrics class
Tuesday, 1/6 - Snow Day!  Did 10 minutes of a Kickboxing DVD and 20 minutes of Zumba practice
Wednesday, 1/7 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did 10 minutes on the bike
Thursday, 1/8 - Taught 1 Zumba class and did 10 minutes of a Kickboxing DVD
Friday, 1/9 - Took a 60 minute PiYo class and did 20 minutes on the bike
Saturday, 1/10 - Rest Day
Sunday, 1/11 - Practiced Zumba with another instructor for 2 hours, took an hour long Zumba class & did a 10 minute at home strength workout
Monday, 1/12 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did 15 minutes of Plyometrics class
Tuesday, 1/13 - Taught 1 Zumba class, did 15 minutes of total body conditioning & took Zak ice skating (which was WAY more of a workout than I expected!)

And a quick update on my weekly goals:
1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week.  I taught 8 in this 9 day stretch so I'm calling it a win!
2.  Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week.  I took 2 classes in this stretch, PiYo & Zumba with another instructor.  Check!
3.  Do at least 10 minutes of strength training at home 5 days each week.  I did strength training 7 of the 9 days!
4.  Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week.  60 minutes of PiYo done!
5.  Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar.  I'm up to date on the squat and pushup challenge they are hosting this month.  I'm also doing their year long challenge called A Year of Small Changes.  Last week our challenge is to drink 1/2 our weight in water every day.  I tracked my water all week and hit the goal 5 of the 7 days.  The 2 days I didn't hit it were the 2 days I didn't exercise very much (Tues & Sat).  But both of those days I was over 64oz so I'm happy with my water intake.  This week the challenge is to sleep 7-8 hours every night.  This is a weak spot for me.

And finally, my weigh in:
1/5 - 225
1/14 - 220
Change for the week - down 5 lbs!!
Change for the year - down 5 lbs of the 52 lbs I'm trying to lose

I'm super excited about the week I had!  I'm sore all over and I love it!  I've had a ton more energy, been sleeping better, teaching better and really just feel better all around.  I know not every week will be this amazing, but I'm enjoying this one while it lasts.

Anyone else still sticking to their resolutions for the year??

No comments:

Post a Comment