Sunday, January 18, 2015

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 1/19 - 1/25)

Another great week of eating last week!  We are loving all of the zucchini noodles.  For the first time in a very long time, I had all 5 plates in the house cleared of everything for dinner on Thursday when I made spaghetti (zoodles for the adults), meatballs & garlic bread (and apples for the kids).  There seems to always be one kid who doesn't eat one part of whatever meal I made for the night.  I was super excited!

We did miss one meal last week because I was gone way longer than anticipated so I stopped and picked up soup & sandwiches at Panera.  They were so good on that cold night!  And then today the boys begged for Jets pizza and since they have been amazingly well behaved this weekend we agreed.  So there was some juggling of the schedule and are a few meals from last week pushed to this week.

This week is super busy with a few extra things for me, including exercise instructor training at the YMCA Friday night and all day Saturday.  We will also be out all day on Sunday for NHL All Star activities downtown.  I'm trying to keep this week somewhat easy with a few freezer meals thrown in there too.  I may not make everything, some days may be replace with freezer meals, but I'm going to do my best to prep early in the day (or even the day before).

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Pork & Sage Stuffed Apples and Pumpkin Brownies for dessert (I never got to these last week)
Tuesday - Pumpkin Kale and Pasta Bake (leftover from last week)
Wednesday - Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Thursday - Kung Pao Zoodles
Friday - Baked Shrimp with Feta
Saturday - Freezer Meal
Sunday - Sausage Potato Pie - I'm hoping to make this on Friday and then either bake it on Sat or Sun

Water Infusor Flavor - Blackberry/Strawberry/Lemon - I'm using up some berries that won't make it much longer.  It was either this or freeze them.  I bought kiwi to infuse, but that will keep until next week.

I'm also going to make this chopped salad for myself for lunch on Tuesday.  I'm thinking I will probably have enough for leftovers on Wednesday as well.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!


1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel wonderful to have a great week of eating! Thanks for linking up and sharing your menu.

    ReplyDelete