Here's the quick rundown of my week:
Wednesday, 1/14 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did 40 minutes of core & flexibility class
Thursday, 1/15 - Taught 2 Zumba classes
Friday, 1/16 - Took a 60 minute Zumba toning class and walked for school pick up
Saturday, 1/17 - Brickhouse Grand Opening - one hour of Zumba, 30 minutes of Ripped, 30 minutes of Booty Barre
Sunday, 1/18 - REST!!
Monday, 1/19 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did 15 minutes of Plyometrics class
Tuesday, 1/20 - Practiced Zumba for 10 minutes, rode the bike for 15 minutes and ice skated for 30 minutes with Zak
And a quick update on my weekly goals:
1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week. I taught 6 this week, no one showed up for my Tues am class, boo!
2. Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week. I took 1 full class this week, Zumba Toning. And I did 40 minutes of core & flexibility plus the two 30 minute demos so I'm calling this done.
3. Do at least 10 minutes of strength training
4. Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week. I missed this one, only got 40 of the 60 in flexibility class. I had planned on taking 30 minutes of yoga at the Brickhouse opening, but they got behind schedule and I had to leave. I should have done a video.
5. Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar. I'm up to date on the squat and pushup challenge they are hosting this month.
6. Make the changes in the year long challenge called A Year of Small Changes. Last week our challenge was to sleep 7-8 hours every night. This did not go well, but it wasn't all my fault. Zak has been up almost every night the past week for an hour or so. I have no idea what's going on with him. The good news is that I'm in bed for 7-8 hours and if he slept all night, I would hit the goal. I'm going to continue to work on this one. This week's challenge is to be active. I think I have this one down.
I'm a little concerned with this upcoming weekend. I have no car on Friday so I can't get to the gym. Then Saturday and Sunday are jam packed with training for me and activities with the family. I'm going to wear my FitBit all three days and make sure I hit my 10,000 steps every day. I'm going to do at home workouts and I have a new Salsa I'm practicing for Zumba. And one day (probably Sat) will be my rest day. Crossing my fingers it goes well!!
And finally, my weigh in:
1/14 - 220
1/21 - 218
Change for the week - down 2 lbs!!
Change for the year - down 7 lbs of the 52 lbs I'm trying to lose
I am very happy with everything this week, other than not doing enough yoga/pilates. I had one bad day of eating (Sunday) and was still able to see a loss. Here's to next week being just as good!!