1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week. I have 7 on my schedule right now and I'm super excited about it. I know things will change as the year goes on so I'm targeting 6 per week. That still gives me time to sub and time to take some other classes.
2. Finally get under 200 lbs. I don't know where I'm at right now, but I'm assuming it's around 220. I've had this as a goal for over a year now. It's happening this year
3. Get at least 2 new certifications and start teaching new classes. I'm signing up for Zumba toning in March and I'm so excited for it! I'm also doing a bunch of training at the YMCA and would like to get either spinning or step class certified. I'm also interested in Zumba Step, Gold & Aqua so we'll see which one works out best.
4. Attend at least 4 Zumba jams this year. That's one per quarter, I think that's doable. They are such a great experience. A fun way to learn new choreography, meet other instructors & burn over 2,000 calories.
5. Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week. This will be a stretch goal, but one I really need. I need some variety in my workouts to help lose the weight, tone things up and help me become a better instructor.
6. Do at least 10 minutes of strength training at home 5 days each week. I'm going to start doing the 10 min kickboxing DVD I got last year for Christmas and then branch out from there. I know there are a ton of workouts online and other 10 minute DVDs so we'll see what I'll do when I get bored with kick boxing.
7. Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week. This will go hand in hand with goals 5 & 6. I will try to take at least one yoga class each week and if I don't make it, then I'll do it at home.
8. Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar. This is a habit for me now. I finished all 12 months last year & I saw the difference. I've already started January's squat & push up challenge.
1. Continue to menu plan every week & cook what I plan (or at least use up what I buy). This saves time and money and is also less calories than going out.
2. Use my new water infusing pitcher and try a different flavor each week. I currently have lime and grapefruit water. Next week I'm trying cucumber mint. Yum!
3. Stay under my calorie goal 27 out of 30 (or 31) days each month. This gives me 3 days to "cheat" if I feel the need to. I will continue to use My Fitness Pal to track my calories and keep it set to lose 2 lbs/week.
1. Take at least one picture each day for the whole year. I have done this the past 2 years and I love it. It's a great way to look for the good in each day.
2. Continue to learn more about essential oils and possibly start selling them. I love how much they have already helped all of us!
3. Read 12 books. My reading has fallen off recently but I have a ton of ideas and 2 book clubs so I have a lot of material to pick from.
4. Significantly declutter this house! I had this under control and now it seems out of control again. My main areas of focus will be the loft, basement and our closets. But there's clutter everywhere!