Sunday, January 11, 2015

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 1/12 - 1/18)

My menu last week rocked!!  I was able to make everything, although since we had some snow days I did switch the order around a little.  And everything was delicious!  I've used just about everything I bought and the stuff I didn't use I will use early this week.  The only food I had to throw out this week was the last of the Christmas goodies, I found a small thing of apple crisp shoved to the back of my fridge.  It was yummy, I'm bummed I forgot it was there!

The one thing we noticed about our meals last week was that I forgot to plan sides for most of the meals.  When I had the Relish subscription, they would send me meals with sides and I would just use those.  Now that I'm on my own, I need to really think about sides.  The other problem last week was that I totally spaced and forgot to buy salad (a staple in our house!) and didn't want to drag the kids out in sub-zero temps just to buy salad.  It's on my list for this week!!

My water infuser flavor was delicious, cucumber watermelon and mint.  I drank a ton of water this week (more on that on Weds).  And I made Zoodles for the first time this week, delicious!  I have them on the menu twice this week, plus I'm going to attempt broccoli noodles too.  I'm obsessed with my spiralizer!

OK, on to the menu plan, here's what we're eating this week:

Monday - Zoodles and Meatballs (quick & easy for a busy day!)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!!  (back by popular demand)
Wednesday Lunch - Zoodles Salad
Wednesday Dinner - Eggplant Parmesan
Thursday - Chili Mac and Cheese
Friday - Garlic & Pine Nut Broccoli Noodles (I may also add chicken to this)
Saturday - Turkey Meatloaf Muffins with mashed potatoes & string beans
Sunday - Pumpkin Kale and Pasta Bake
Water Infuser Flavor - Raspberry Lemon Mint

I am also hoping to make these Pumpkin Brownies, maybe for dessert over the weekend.  We have a super busy weekend though so I'm not sure I will have time.  I will be cooking up a storm next Monday (MLK Day so my husband is off) so they have to wait until then.  I'm glad I cooked a lot this weekend, we should have enough to get us through lunches this week.  If not, I have a few things left in my freezer we can pull out.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!

6 comments:

  1. I always feel so successful when I rock the meal plan and the shopping. Way to go! I love seeing an empty fridge and freezer at the end of the week. haha Menu looks delicious, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I agree, I love to see an empty fridge. Plus it makes cleaning it out a little easier. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Yay for a successful week! And I'm jealous of your spiralizer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great when the meal plan actually goes to plan?! I use Pinterest to come up with healthy side dish ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea!! I will have to do some searching next week. Thanks!

      Delete