Here are my fitness specific goals for the next year and what I have done or plan to do to accomplish them:
1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week. I have 7 on my schedule right now and I'm super excited about it!! It looks like I may miss a class tomorrow morning since we're supposed to get back weather. At least I should still hit 6 for this week.
2. Finally get under 200 lbs. I finally weighed in this morning and I'm at 225, up 5 lbs since mid-Nov. Not horrible considering I've eaten mostly cookies, chips, carbs & processed food in those 6 weeks. My BFHG (big fat hairy goal) is to lose 52 lbs this year, one pound per week. That would get me to 173. I can't even remember the last time I weighed that little. I'm encouraged that even if I lose 1/2 lb each week I'll still get under 200 by the end of the year. It's happening!
3. Get at least 2 new certifications and start teaching new classes. I signed up for Zumba toning and YMCA training this weekend. Yay!! I plan to take as much training thru the YMCA as I can. I am also seriously considering Zumba Gold and Silver Sneakers as they are huge areas here and will continue to be with our aging population.
4. Attend at least 4 Zumba jams this year. I signed up for one in February already!
5. Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week. I have 13 possible classes on my schedule that I can attend this week. I'm hoping at least 2 work out. I have 3 or 4 classes that I could go to but get there late, so for this goal I'm going to count anything over 45 minutes as a class.
6. Do at least 10 minutes of strength training
7. Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week. My only shot at this for the week is a 9:30 PiYo class on Friday. I'm going to do everything it takes to get there for it!
8. Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar. I've completed days 1-5 of the squat and pushup challenge they are hosting this month. I'm also doing their year long challenge called A Year of Small Changes. I'm excited about this one as well. This week our challenge is to drink 1/2 our weight in water every day. I'm tracking my water for the first time in a long time. I'll report out how I did next week.
For those wondering how I did with the TerraFit challenge that I was doing for the holidays...epic fail! I did great for the first month, then we were hit with sickness, holiday stress, husband working overtime, sickness, cookies, holiday stress, etc. My eating & exercising pretty much went out the window. But that's done now and I'm looking forward. Here's to a great, healthy & fit 2015!!