Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Keeping Up With...Family (Summer - Week 2)

We continued to have an awesome summer last week!!  I have to admit I was a little nervous to have all 3 boys every day to entertain all summer, but so far it's been a blast.  We of course have moments that aren't great, but all in all I don't think it could go better.

Monday started again with bowling camp.  The boys bowled their best games so far, with Daniel getting his first strike and a few spares and AJ getting a bunch of spares.  AJ is really liking bowling and wants Adrian to help him learn how to do it better.  After bowling, we headed to the eye doctor for our annual exams.  The boys did great & their eye site is perfect!  My left eye has gotten a little worse, but this is my first prescription change in over 5 years so I'll take it!

Tuesday both boys had art class.  Daniel & I made a Roy G Biv to help him learn the colors of the rainbow.  And AJ continued to work on his painting of animals in a jungle.  We were going to have a picnic lunch in between classes, but the weather didn't cooperate on that one.

Wednesday we had a "stay home" day and had a new friend come over for Zak to play with.  He had so much fun playing with another kid the same age as him and I enjoyed getting to know the mom.  I see many more play dates in our future.  Wednesday night Zak started gymnastics and he loved it!  Isabelle is also taking this class and seeing the two of them together is hysterical.
Zak doing a back roll
Zak & Isabelle waiting their turn in class
Thursday we had another "stay home" day because AJ and Daniel were really tired.  They did Vacation Bible School (VBS) this whole week and Thursday was the last night.  They were gone each night Sun-Thurs from 6:00-9:00 and then it took them a while to wind down and get to bed.  They went to a new to us church, New Albany United Methodist, because it fit best in our schedule...and it was free.  They did the "Weird Animals" program that most of the other area churches are doing this year and really enjoyed it.  They looked forward to going each night & came home with tons of stories and crafts.
Matching Spider Man shirts for VBS!
Friday we started the day at the gym while I taught, then went to the YMCA to swim with friends for about three hours.  We had such a fun time!  I was exhausted when we got home, but it was well worth it.

Saturday we had a birthday party at CocoKey and we had a blast!!  We rode water slides, the lazy river and swam for nearly five hours. We also had cake and pizza and celebrated Daniel's friend Marli turning 5.  Such a fun day!  But again, I was exhausted when we got home.  I think Adrian & I went to bed at like 10:00!

Sunday we spent the day getting done as much as we could around the house.  There is always so much to do and never feels like there is enough time to do it.  I'm hoping a four day weekend this week will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment