Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Mini Slump)

 I've got that blah feeling about my workouts right now.  Not sure if it's burn out, being tired, summer slump or all of the above.  I've been through a slump before and I know I'll get through this one just fine, it just takes time.  I'm still working out and eating OK, just finding that I have to force myself to do these things.  I gave in on Sunday and ate whatever I wanted and took a day off from exercise.  I thought I would feel better after that, but I didn't.  At least I got back to it for Monday and Tuesday.  Today I did OK, but after a rough night of sleep I didn't feel like getting a workout so I'm over my calories, although not by much.

We have a lot of things coming up in the next few weeks.  If I'm honest, my schedule is pretty overwhelming right now.  So I'm going to change my goals and just do what I can when I can and be happy with that.  I have a lot of activity planned over the next few weeks too, including a Zumba Jam session this weekend, a special Zumba/Hip Hop event next weekend, finishing up my month of barre classes and doing a month of boot camp in August.

I'm still enjoying some variety in my workouts with the barre classes and a few extra classes last week thanks to the big boys having golf camp.  I would have had another class on Thursday, but the gym's childcare was closed for cleaning so Zak and I went back home to chill.  Hoping for more variety in the next few weeks!

Here's how my past week looked:
Wednesday, 7/9 - Took a one hour total body conditioning class (am) and a 45 minute barre class (pm)
Thursday, 7/10 - Taught a one hour Zumba class and a 45 minute Zumba class, did a 20 minute strength workout with a friend and went swimming with the boys for about an hour
Friday, 7/11 - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Saturday, 7/12 - Took a 30 minute barre class and taught a one hour Zumba class
Sunday, 7/13 - Rest day!
Monday, 7/14 - Taught a 45 minute Zumba class
Tuesday, 7/15 - 20 minutes practicing my new Zumba song, 45 minute barre class

And the weigh in:
7/9 - 215
716 - 214
Change - down 1 lb this week, down 4 lbs since 6/16 reset

I'm happy with these results so far.  I'm hoping to maintain in this 215ish range until the end of August when we leave for Florida.  We'll see if I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment