Friday, July 4, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Zumba Nightmares!)

I can't believe I forgot to write about this last week, but two Saturdays ago I experienced every Zumba instructors worst nightmare...my music wouldn't play!  My cell phone screen cracked a few days before that and the left side of the phone wasn't always working.  I had taught my classes Thursday and Friday and didn't have any problems so I thought I was good.  But Saturday when I opened my app, I couldn't get the playlist to come up.  I tried for a while and it wasn't happening.  Nightmare!!  I finally got another MP3 app to open (the Google one that came with my phone) and found an OLD playlist and got that to work.  It was kinda fun to put on Zumba music and just dance, but not ideal for a class.  I messed up a few songs that I hadn't practiced in at least 6 months.  Thankfully my students were understanding and they all came back the next Saturday and we rocked it out!

Then this past Friday, another nightmare...the air conditioning wasn't working in the group fitness room at one of the gyms.  And it was HOT!  I was concerned for both myself and my students.  But we made it thru class OK.  I kept giving them water breaks and reminding them that with how much they were sweating that they had to rehydrate.  I was a little dizzy after class, but after some time in the A/C and about 40 oz of water, I was back to normal.
After class one night - sweaty!
Anyway, other than those two things, things have been going really well!  I was under my calorie goal for 6 of the last 7 days, only missing Wednesday when I took a full rest day from exercise.  And I'm still considering that day a win because I was only 35 calories over my goal.  Normally when I don't exercise and know I'm going to be over, I just throw the whole day away and eat what I want.  Not this time!!

I'm still struggling with variety, but I'm starting my month long Barre classes, then have boot camp coming up in August.  The boys also have golf camp next week so I'll get to go to classes every day next week, yay!  I'm excited to do different things, but more excited to see my friends!!

Here's how the past week looked:
Wednesday, 6/25 - REST DAY!
Thursday, 6/26 - Taught a one hour Zumba class and a 45 minute Zumba class
Friday, 6/27 - Taught a one hour Zumba class (without A/C), then went swimming with the boys for 3 hours
Saturday, 6/28 - Taught a one hour Zumba class, then went swimming with the boys at a water park for 5 hours
Sunday, 6/29 - Tried to catch up on my June challenges, did about 20 minutes but wasn't feeling it.  Still have some more to catch up on.  Not giving up!!
Monday, 6/30 - Went swimming with the boys for 2 hours, then taught a 45 minute Zumba class
Tuesday, 7/1 - Taught two 45 minute Zumba class, one am and one pm

And the weigh in:
6/25 - 216
7/1 - 213
Change - down 3 lbs this week, 5 lbs since 6/16 reset

Yay!!  Great week of food and exercise and I see results on the scale.  Super happy with how I did this week.  Keeping the momentum going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment