Sunday, July 13, 2014

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 7/14 - 7/20)

So last week went a little astray.  I went to make dinner Sunday night and realized it was supposed to be marinating all day.  Oops.  That's the second time in the past week that I haven't read a recipe early enough and had to change my menu plan.  I need to do a better job with that.  Instead of making the best of the planned pork chops, we decided to splurge on Chipotle.  It was worth it!

I also got the day to myself today!!  Adrian took the three boys out to his parents house to play and have dinner so I'm on my own.  I am working hard to get caught up on stuff around the house and honestly don't feel like cooking (or eating) dinner tonight.  I'm kind of just picking my way thru the day.  So I had to juggle around the menu last week and there are a few carry overs to this week.

We also bought a pig!  Well, 1/3 of a pig with a group of other people.  So you will be seeing more pork on my menu in the upcoming weeks.  This week there isn't that much because I actually already planned and shopped for most of this week and I want to use what we have.
Mmmm, bacon
Here's what our menu looks like for this week:
Monday, 7/14 - Pineapple Black Bean Enchiladas (Relish recipe)
Tuesday, 7/15 - Thai Chicken, Mango & Pineapple Salad (Relish recipe)
Wednesday, 7/16 - BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (Relish recipe) - carry over from last week
Thursday, 7/17 - Sweet Potato and Egg Skillet
Friday, 7/18 - OUT!!  It's double date night with my brother to the Jazz & Rib Fest!  Can't wait!
Saturday, 7/19 - Eggplant, Ricotta and Pasta Pots (Relish recipe)
Sunday, 7/20 - Tilapia in Macademia Butter (Relish recipe) - carry over from last week

We have another busy week on tap so I'm hoping I can do some prep and stay organized and on track! As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, the Thai chicken, mango and pineapple salad sounds amazing! I tend to graze a lot more on the weekends, too and have less of an appetite for dinner. Enjoy your busy week and date night!

    ReplyDelete