Thursday, May 1, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (4/23 - 4/29)

Girls Night Out - at a running store - don't judge!  :)
So Saturday night, one of the local running stores, Second Sole, had a girls night out event.  My friend Amy (in the pink shirt) invited our walking group & shockingly we were all free!  We met up at the store to enjoy a little (FREE!) Mexican food & beer & have some fun.

They also had free bra fittings and of course were trying to sell us bras.  I actually was in desperate need of new sports bras.  Your bra is not supposed to celebrate a birthday.  The ones I have been rotating were bought before I did the half marathon in Oct 2012.  Yeah.  They weren't pretty.  One actually broke on me during a Zumba class.

This got me thinking about support.  Yes, the support of good friends is awesome.  But I'm talking about support for my girls.  It really shouldn't be this hard for me to find a sports bra that fits and holds the girls in place.  I understand that I'm bigger in that area than most, but doesn't that mean I need more support?

It's one of the things that is most frustrating to me on this journey, that I am unable to find plus size bras and workout clothes without working really hard.  I'm thankful Meijer carries a great line of workout pants/capris & I'm FINALLY in an XL (down from XXXL when I started).  But the bras are a whole other animal.  I can only find bras that work at running stores.  For $50 each.  I bought some from Meijer to try to cut the cost a little.  They all fit, but offered NO support.  Sigh.

The good news is I found a bra that I love.  It's a New Balance bra and it fits awesome!  It comes in a lot of pretty colors, including a bright blue that I bought Sat night.  I now have 2 of those and one more on order from Amazon (it shipped today, should be here Fri).  Those 3 should get me through for a while.

The other good news is that I won one of the door prizes.  I got a new pint glass, 2 new pairs of socks and some chews.  Yay!!

But if I ever come into a ton of money, I'm starting a plus size fitness apparel line with affordable prices!

Now on to my week in workouts.  It was a pretty good week, until I had 2 classes in a row when no one showed up.  I need to figure out a plan B for when that happens, especially when it's an evening class and no one shows up.  I don't mind having one rest day each week, but would rather not have two.

Here's how the last week looked:
Wednesday, 4/23 - Took a one hour Total Body Conditioning class
Thursday, 4/24 - Taught a one hour Zumba class, Did the elliptical for 15 minutes and did the bike for 15 minutes
Friday, 4/25 - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Saturday, 4/26 -  Taught a one hour Zumba class
Sunday, 4/27 - Rest Day because no one showed up for my Zumba class
Monday, 4/28 - Rest Day because no one showed up for my Zumba class
Tuesday, 4/29 - Taught a one hour Zumba class

Weigh in:
4/23 weight - 217
4/30 weight - 214
Change - down 3 lbs. 

I'm not sure how this happened, but I'm thrilled!  I did a lot of exercise but didn't eat great yet again.  I'm going to work really hard this next week to stay within my calorie goal.  My goal is to do this until Mother's Day weekend (also Adrian's birthday) then take 2 days "off" for cake and other goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment