Thursday, May 22, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Two Weeks in Review)

This post fell by the wayside last week, I have just been very busy and overwhelmed.  But things have been moving along pretty well.  I did pretty good with my workouts over the two weeks, although I missed a few that I didn't plan to. 

I finally have a plan for when people don't show up for my Zumba classes.  I make sure I have new songs to practice, do my fitness challenge for that day, then jump on a machine and read for a while.  Being prepared helps me to still burn the calories that I need to burn to stay under my goal for the day.

Zumba classes are going along pretty well.  We're having a hard time getting it going at Bob Evans because they are super busy with year end and a huge meeting.  This week I had a class and they all said they'll be back on Thursday.  A group also said they will be back in June because work will be significantly lower.  I am down to "only" 6 classes right now, I voluntarily gave up my Sun morning class because no one was coming.  We are trying to change it to Tuesday night and I have a few leads for a Wednesday night class as well.  And I was just hired on by a new gym opening in the area, that schedule should be set up by the end of July.  So with all of that, I'm sure I'll be up to 7 (or 8 or 9) again very soon.
Feeling thin and ready for Zumba!

I'm keeping up with my strength training by doing my daily fitness calendar every day and taking strength training classes whenever I can.  I was doing two daily challenges, but that got to be too much for me, especially since they were both abs this month.  I've dropped out of one but am still keeping up on the Shrinking Jeans one.  I'll wait and see what June looks like before I commit to both challenges again.

Here is what the past 2 weeks have looked like:
Wednesday, 5/7 - Took a 60 minute TBC class (am), took a 60 minute Zumba class (am), taught a 60 minute Zumba class (pm) = tired!
Thursday, 5/8 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class
Friday, 5/9 - Rest Day (planned)
Saturday, 5/10 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class
Sunday, 5/11 - Rest Day (Mother's Day)
Monday, 5/12 - Took a 60 minute Zumba class (am) and taught a 45 minute Zumba class (pm)
Tuesday, 5/13 -Rest Day (no one showed for Zumba)
Wednesday, 5/14 - Rest Day (wasn't feeling well)
Thursday, 5/15 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class, rode the bike for 20 minutes
Friday, 5/16 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class
Saturday, 5/17 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class
Sunday, 5/18 - Did elliptical for 25 minutes, practiced new Zumba songs
Monday, 5/19 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class (am) and taught a 45 minute Zumba class (pm)
Tuesday, 5/20 -Taught a 45 minute Zumba class

Weigh in:
5/7 weight - 212
5/14 weight - 214
5/21 weight - 212
Change - nothing

I'll take it!  As you can see that first week I had a few rest days.  And there were also some (a lot of)  days of eating bad.  The past week there was only one day that I wasn't under my calorie goal and I was so OK with that.  The next few weeks are super busy with Memorial Day parties, AJ's birthday and vacation so my goal is to maintain until 6/18 and then really hit the gas and lose a bunch this summer...or at least until we go to Disney at the end of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment