Monday, September 28, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 27 - Oct 3)

We did a great job sticking with our meal plan last week, although that's not saying much since it was a very simple plan. Sometimes that is what we need though! And honestly last week was a rough week for me. We had a lot of extra things on the schedule, plus I felt behind all week since I was away over the weekend. The boys had very busy school schedules and I just always felt stressed out and behind. Thankfully I had a much calmer weekend this weekend and am ready heading into this week. This is also a slightly easier week for me with the boys not having school on Friday and Adrian and Zak heading out for a camping trip on Saturday.

I continue to have more food than we can eat between the school breakfasts/lunches that we're getting for free and our CSA membership which still has another 6 weeks. Thankfully most of it is either frozen or stored so it will last for a bit and the things that won't last we are focusing on eating before they go bad. I'm doing very little grocery shopping the whole month of October, trying to only use what we have in the house. We're also having at least one day of leftovers and/or freezer food so that we can stay on top of all of that. I'm also not picking up my meals from the school this week, or if I do my friend will take them all because I just do not need any more food right now.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers/Freezer Food
Tuesday - Salsa Pork over Lime Coleslaw for the adults, Tacos for the kids
Thursday - Pork & Potato Bowls - using up some of the leftover pork from Tuesday & some of the frozen corn from our school lunches
Friday - Leftovers/Freezer Food - the boys have friends coming over so we want something quick
Saturday - Leftovers/Freezer Food - it will only be me, AJ & Daniel tonight so I want something quick and easy!

Water Flavor - Peach. I cleaned out my garage fridge this weekend and found a few peaches that were nearly spoiled, or had spots that need to be removed, so I cut those up for my water this week. I'm anxious to try it, this is a new flavor for me!

Baking - I'm taking the week off from baking since I did so much last week! Plus we get some baked goods, breakfast bars and frozen breakfast stuff from the school so I want to use some of that this week. I'll be back to baking next week for sure, especially since Sunday is cinnamon roll day!

Other - Again, this is a pretty easy week because I'm trying to use what we have. And all of the holidays are easy to celebrate and don't require me making another special. The only other thing I'm hoping to make this week is this cabbage salad that I didn't make last week. I'll make it for lunches if we are out of everything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment