Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 20 - Sept 26)

 

I am super late writing this post and I almost didn't do it this week. But then I decided to go ahead and publish it even if it was late. We had a super busy weekend, I was camping all weekend with AJ and Adrian was here with the other two boys. We were all exhausted on Sunday so most of our normal weekend chores did not get done. We did what absolutely had to be done to have a successful week and everything else was pushed to either this week or next weekend.

As for my meal plan, I kept it very simple this week. In addition to being tired from the weekend, we have a few extra things on our schedule and I do not want to spend the week stressed out. We followed our plan last week and are finally caught up on leftovers. We are also doing really well keeping up with our produce from our CSA. We're getting into the fall and winter veggies which are squash that can keep for a long time. I'll be using them up but I'm letting them hang for a few weeks to make sure I'm caught up on everything else first. And we are getting breakfasts and lunches from the school so we have a ton of food from them that I can use for dinners as well. I'm considering not shopping at all in October and seeing if we can make it thru the month with what we have in the house, but not sure if I want to do that.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Pepperoni Pizza from Jets to celebrate pepperoni pizza day!
Monday - Leftovers 
Tuesday - Beef Tacos for the boys & Shrimp Tacos for the adults, with refried beans & corn on the side
Wednesday - White Chicken Chili and Air Fried Brussels Sprouts
Thursday - Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs with Air Fried Potatoes and Cabbage Salad
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Pancakes to celebrate pancake day! I'll either use a box mix or just use the frozen ones from the freezer. I have a girls night out so I'll be snacking there too so I'm thankful for something quick and easy before I head out.

Water Flavor - I'm skipping this week because I just emptied last week's water container on Tuesday and just don't think it's worth it for this week. I'll be back to it next week!

Baking - I'm doing a lot of baking this week between the holidays & my girls night out on Saturday. I'm making this cherries jubilee cake for us on Thursday for that holiday and hoping the boys will like it. And then since I can't decide what to make for Saturday night, I'm over preparing and bring too much. I'll be making Buffalo Chicken Dip to snack on plus mint brownies, white chocolate mocha cookies and salted caramel mocha cookies. I'll make a tray with a little bit of each and then leave the rest home for us to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment