Monday, September 7, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Sept 6 - Sept 12)

 

Last week was way harder than I thought it would be! The boys rocked their virtual school days but I struggled with the early wake ups and keeping up with everyone's schedule. There were also a few extra things going on during the week and I had to do a huge stock up for groceries which was not ideal timing. I did pretty good sticking to my meal plan other than Wednesday when I decided to make Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup instead of my planned pork and cabbage meal. We were just really busy on Wednedsay and it was way easier to throw something in the crockpot than cook the other meal. I ordered more cabbage this week from the CSA so I plan to do the other meal this Friday.

This week feels like it's getting a late start and will be short because of the holiday on Monday. We had a great long weekend together and had a lot of fun. We also got a lot done around the house and feel very ready to head into this week. It will be another busy one with school picking up a bit, speech services starting for the boys, a vet appointment for Rocky and hopefully some fun. I let stress win last week when it came to snacks, even though my meals were very healthy. I'm hoping to get a better handle on my snacking this week and track all of my eating for the week. I'm still really struggling with this but I'm determined to keep trying!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Buffalo Wings in our air fryer with homemade sauce (Adrian is doing all of this - yum!)
Monday - Pasta Salad - using salami instead of pepperoni because it's national salami day
Tuesday - Tacos for the boys and Beef Burrito Skillet and corn on the cob for the adults
Wednesday - Ranch Cheddar Chicken and Air Fried Squash for us, plus I'll double the chicken and drop it off for a friend who just had a baby along with this pasta salad and cookie brownies
Thursday - TV Dinners that we ordered from Kroger for TV Dinner Day! Plus I'll make some green beans for a side because I'm afraid the frozen dinners won't be enough food
Friday - Pork with Apples and Cabbage with Air Fried Squash - carry over from last week
Saturday - Meatball Subs & Sausage and Peppers with a Salad - we're having company over tonight

Water flavor - Peach. I have a lot of peaches between the CSA and our peach picking trip last month so I used a few of them in the water for this week. This is the first time I'm using them in the infusor so I'm interested to see how it tastes.

Baking - I still have a lot of the chocolate chip bars that I made last week for the boys, so I didn't make anything for them this week. I did make Nutella banana bread for me and Adrian for our breakfasts with homemade caramel. It looks amazing, I can't wait to try it!

Other - I'm making this eggplant salad for myself for lunches this week using an eggplant I got from the CSA. Adrian doesn't like eggplant but I love it so I decided to make this for myself. I'm also making chocolate banana popsicles for banana day on Friday and chocolate milkshakes to celebrate that day on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment