Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Aug 30 - Sept 5)

Last week didn't go 100% as planned but we made it work and didn't eat out at all so that's a win. We were busier than I thought we would be so we juggled a few things around with the meal plan. And once again on Friday I did not feel like cooking so we just had sandwiches and salads. I think I need to start planning leftover days to be on Fridays because I really just run out of steam at the end of each week! We are keeping up on using our veggies from our CSA for our meals. It's actually been easier because now we are getting a lot of fruits (melons and apples, yum!) and not as many veggies. That will flip again as the season winds down in the fall, but we'll get a lot of squash which we can use into the winter too.

This week is our first week of school! I have no idea how virtual school will go with all three kids on three different schedules, but I'm hoping for the best. We've spent a lot of time this weekend setting up and getting ready for school to start on Monday. We have our plan together, now we just have to follow it! The boys wish they were going back in person but our school district is starting the year virtual. I'm praying that the schools that opened up have success and very few cases so we can all start opening back up in the upcoming months.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Grilled Steak and Brussels Sprout Salad
Tuesday - Chicken Taco Bowls for the adults and Tacos for the kids
Wednesday - Pork with Apples and Cabbage and Corn on the Cob
Thursday - Ribs with Mac and Cheese and String Bean Salad (it's baby back rib day!)
Friday - Out to eat at Vinberige Vineyards!
Saturday - Jets Pizza to celebrate our first week of school and cheese pizza day!

Water Flavor - Pear. I found one more pear when I cleaned out the fridge this weekend and it's in pretty good shape so I'll be using it for my water this week.

Baking - Daniel asked for chocolate chip bars for breakfasts so I'll be making those later this week, after we finish the donuts from Kripy Kreme that we got for our traditional back to school breakfast. I have also given up on trying to make scones, I just keep putting it off week after week, and I think it's because it's a pretty big process. Instead this week I'm making chocolate chip muffins for us for breakfast. Finally, we are celebrating a holiday every day this month so we will be making blueberry cream popsicles on Wednesday to celebrate blueberry popsicle day!

No comments:

Post a Comment