Thursday, September 24, 2020

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/22 - 5/28)

Friday (5/22) - Day 70 of "Corona break." We survived another week at home and it finally stopped raining today!! We all got a great night of sleep and were ready for a fun weekend. Adrian headed upstairs to work and I got the boys started on their stuff for the day. Zak had a Zoom call to say "so long" to his teacher this year so I made sure to get him online for that, since we missed one earlier this week. While he was doing that, Daniel's teachers stopped by to say "so long" to him and drop off a treat and an award for finishing 5th grade strong. Today would have been our last day of school if we were still going to the buildings. And while it was a weird end to the school year, I'm glad we had some closure today.
After the excitement of the morning, we took some time to catch our breath and then finished up what we could on our weekly bucket list for the summer. Then the boys headed upstairs to play video games and I headed out to meet some friends for a social distancing walk and chat to catch up. We had a great time walking for about an hour and catching up on what's going on with all of us ove the past 2 months. It was really hot and hard to walk with my mask on so I know I made the right choice to insist that I will not wear a mask while I am teaching Zumba. After we finished our walk, I headed to the library to return a stack of books & pick up a new one for Zak, then to Kroger to pick up our grocery order and a movie from Redbox.

When I got home, we put away the groceries together and then got dinner together for everyone. The boys then had a little bit more free time while Adrian and I cleaned up from dinner and took Rocky on a walk. Then we all settled in for a family movie night and watched Zak's pick of "Spies in Disguise." The movie was awesome, we all really loved it! I'm thankful I remembered I had the two free rentals from Redbox to be able to watch two great movies this week. When the movie was over, we got the boys to bed and then Adrian and I watched an episode of "Young Sheldon" before we also headed to bed for the night. It was a great Friday!!

Saturday (5/23) - Day 71 of "Corona break." Today is family fun day part 1 for us! Since we have a 3 day weekend, we're doing two family fun days and will push our work day to Monday. Today started a little early since I had my Zumba Toning class on Zoom this morning, but I had a great time with the ladies who joined me and we all got a great workout! After class, I came home and picked up everyone else and we headed out for our weekly walk in the park. We had planned to go to one park, but it was closed so we headed to Hannah Park in Gahanna. All 6 of us enjoyed walking around together for about an hour, especially Rocky who never gets to come out with us!
When we got home, the boys rode their bikes while Adrian and I got a few things done around the house. Then we played two of the games the boys wanted to play this week, Machi Koro Legacy (Zak won) and Escape (we won twice). In between the games, we made our art project for the week. I kept seeing people did a handprint memory mat for this quarantine so I wanted to do that to commerate this time we stayed home together for so long. I think it came out great!! After we finished with that, we gave the boys some free time and we played Gizmos (Adrian won, barely).  Then we did a little cleaning, had dinner and I got ready to head out for the night.
After dinner, I headed to my friend's house for an in person wine night, finally! There were six of us that got together and we had a blast eating, drinking and laughing together. We all stayed far away from each other and spent most of the night outside to make sure we didn't share any germs. But apparently we forgot about the social distancing so we could get a good selfie together, ha! It felt SO good to be out and together with people again, even if we weren't hugging each other like we normally would be. While I was out, Adrian hung out with the boys. They played the final game of the week, Potion Explotion (Adrian won, barely) and also spent some time watching YouTube and playing video games together. I got home around midnight and we all headed to bed for the night. It was a pretty epic day!!
Sunday (5/24) - Day 72 of "Corona break" and our second family fun day of the weekend! We all slept in then had a lazy morning getting going. The boys headed upstairs after breakfast since their video game came out with a new update today and they were eager to play. Adrian and I started playing games pretty early and spent most of the day playing. We played Carcassonne (Adrian won), Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 (we lost), Roll for the Galaxy (I won once, Adrian won once), Reef (I won) and Lords of Waterdeep (Adrian won). In between games we watched some TV and finished up last season of "Young Sheldon." It was great this year, the writers are doing a great job with this show and the characters. We also took a little bit of time to do some housework so that tomorrow won't be so overwhelming. We all stayed up until about midnight having fun and then all headed to bed for the night. It was our third great day in a row!!

Monday (5/25) - Day 73 of "Corona break." Happy Memorial Day! After the past two fun days, we had to buckle down and get our work done today. We again slept in this morning and then got moving on our work around the house. We finished a ton of stuff from the past week and our weekly chores as well. The day passed quickly while we worked. The boys helped us by doing their weekly chores and also went thru all of the stuff we picked up from their schools this week. We found a few fun art projects to hang up and also got Zak's Marco's pizza box that was never used for the fundraiser. After a great dinner together, the boys had a little bit of free time while Adrian and I finished up the rest of the stuff around the house and took a nice long walk with Rocky. We finished up the night with an episode of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" with the boys and two episodes of "Blackish" after they went to bed. It was another good day for us!!
Tuesday (5/26) - Day 74 of "Corona break." Today was back to our normal weekday routine after the amazing weekend. We all slept in and then Adrian went to work in our bedroom while the boys and I hung out around the house. We rode bikes, read and started a new puzzle this afternoon. The boys spent a lot of time playing video games and I spent some time working around the house. This afternoon I took advantage of the continued free Zumba livestreams and took a class with one of my new favorite jammers, Anna. It was super fun and a great workout, especially for my core since she's a belly dance expert!

The day passed quickly and before long it was time to make tacos for all of us to enjoy for dinner. Then I tried out the new Zumba Studio livestream service and it seemed to work great, my moves were synched with my music and it seems like it will be a lot better than Zoom. After that, we played a family game of Forbidden Island and unfortunately lost, but just barely. We finished up the day with a family movie night watching "Dr Strange" as we continue to rewatch the Avengers movies. After the movie, Adrian and I got the boys to bed, watched a few comedies from our DVR and headed to bed too. It wasn't a super exciting day, but it was productive and probably pretty common for the next 3 months.

Wednesday (5/27) - Day 75 of "Corona break." Happy 14th Anniversary to me and Adrian!!! While it doesn't look like any of our previous anniversaries, we're still hoping to make the best of it. We started our day by oversleeping so Rocky missed her scheduled day at daycare. That's OK, we obviously all needed the rest this morning. Thankfully I got up just in time to catch the Zumba mini jam livestream and learn a fun song to bring to my classes. After that, I took my giant errands list and headed out for the day. I ran what felt like 1,000 errands, including a stock up trip to Costco, dropping off and picking up things from friends' houses, Trader Joe's for wine and the weekly grocery shopping. I made it home just in time to watch the space shuttle launch with the boys...only to find out it was scrubbed because of the weather.

After unloading and putting away all of the groceries, we fed the boys dinner and then Adrian headed up to Cazualla's Mexican restaurant to pick up our dinner. We had a nice night enjoying take out fajitas, margaritas and cheesecake that I had picked up earlier from the Cheesecake Factory. We sent the boys upstairs to play video games and we played a few board games and then watched another episode of "The Good Doctor." We eventually got the boys to bed, enjoyed a few more margaritas and another episode of "The Good Doctor" and then we also headed to bed. Although it wasn't the night we would have planned, it worked out great. Here's hoping next year we aren't under quarantine!!
Thursday (5/28) - Day 76 of "Corona break." Today was another normal day around here. We all slept in a little bit and then got up and moving. Adrian headed to work upstairs and the rest of us got settled around the house. The boys played video games for a while and then we took a break and did our weekly art project. The boys each painted a water color of their favorite animal, which also took care of a merit badge requirement for AJ. AJ painted a giraffe and a Minecraft creeper, Daniel painted a gray dog and Zak painted a brown dog. 
After our art projects, we headed outside for some time on the trampoline and bike rides. After that, the boys headed back upstairs and I took a fun Zumba class with Steve, one of my favorite Zumba personalities! Then I got dinner together for everyone and started to get ready for my evening. I taught a fun Zumba class on Zoom and then we did a test with Zumba Studio from the church which failed miserably! I'm hoping I can figure out what the problem is because I would much rather use Studio than Zoom going forward. When I got home, we finished our night with the boys new favorite show "Holey Moley." After we put them to bed, we watched another episode of "The Good Doctor" before we also headed to bed. It was another pretty great day and I am very thankful for a long string of them this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment